“Great Steaks”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We came to Trattoria La Bassa once before and had a great experience but we had an even better one yesterday. My friend and I got the Filleto Pepe, an awesome piece of meat that was cooked medium and smothered in a mustard peppercorn sauce. The steaks were awesomely tender and came with a side of roasted potatoes with a drizzle of olive oil. We also got the antipasto salumi which was a nice hold over until our meals came. My wife got two fresh oysters that were shucked right at the table and came with a complementary glass of champagne. She also got the Seppia, which is cuttle fish i think with a ink sauce, green beans, and a side of polenta. She thoroughly enjoyed her meal as well. We also ordered a bottle of wine local to the area and it went well with the steaks. The staff remembered us from our previous trip about 6 months ago which was nice. They were attentive and joked with us throughout the meal. I highly recommend to anyone looking for a great steak in the Treviso area!

1  Thank Martin S

Reviewed 21 August 2013

We ate at La Bassa following a friend's recommendation. The place and decor were to our liking, with ample outdoor seating, cute menus and a homely feel. The dish choices were few but looked good on paper and the wine list well chosen. I ordered a rib-eye steak and the waiter thoughtfully presented it to me at the table before it was cooked, to check the size and weight - a nice touch. Though it was the smallest on offer (Irish beef - they had American Angus on the menu that evening as well) is was still enormous and I paid about 30 euros for what turned out to be a good but not great piece of meat. Two of us ordered the pasta which sadly came with very little sauce apart from small dots of mozzarella, tomatoes and a leaf of basil - neither of them finished their plates and the waiter was kind enough to ask if there was any problem, which showed he's noticed at least. The wine (red and white by the glass) was tasty enough and service efficient and professional. I'd like to reserve judgement until I return (perhaps with more meat-eaters!), but on the strength of this visit it wasn't the greatest experience.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

We had a meal here recently, during a recent visit to Treviso. It appeared that most of the customers were locals, or at least Italians, but we were made to feel very welcome, including English translations/explanations of the menu by our waiter. There were 4 of us, and no one was disappointed with their meal.

1  Thank STRCanada
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Love the food, the staff and the prices :-). When in Treviso, definitely worth a visit when one wants to experience the Italian kitchen.

2  Thank willwol
Reviewed 12 July 2012

If you are in Treviso the place to visit for food is Trattoria la Bassa.
Hospitality, excellent service and delicious food!
I order crespella (crepe with mushroom, 6 euro), bruschetta with tomatoes and garlic (5 euro) and Tagliata steak with rosemary (14 euro).
Both of them were delicious! Try local, house wine!
Franco and Mauro, brothers and owners were very friendly and show us Italian hospitality! Grazie!
I definitely recommend it!