“modern hotel with good breakfast and excellent pizza”

Hotel Maggior Consiglio
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Treviso
Reviewed 22 February 2014

this modern hotel with nicely renovated rooms offers good breakfast and excellent pizza in the evening. The hotel restaurant get quite full with locals coming in for the pizza. Next door is a big supermarket and thre is ample parking at the hotel. Staff is very friendly and helpfull and speaks good english. It is about 15min to the train station from where you get to Venice in about 30min. Trains are frequent.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank JennyGay

Reviewed 28 January 2014

First the good:

The bed: Very comfortable bed, free crib for our baby,

The staff: polite front desk staff. They spoke great English.

The food: Very nice breakfast. Bacon, eggs, toast, pastries, yogurt, fresh fruits, nutella, cereal, milk, coffee, tea, hot chocolate. My only breakfast complaint.... the juices were very watered down. I asked if they had any bottled juices available and was told no, only what was out. Why ruin such a great breakfast with something so petty?

The service: They provided us with a sack breakfast on our way out because our flight required us to leave before breakfast opened. A nice touch. Funny enough, our sack breakfast included bottled juices. :-)

The pool: The pool was very nice with jets and was heated, but has limited hours.

The area: It is a nice 15 minute walk to the train station which takes you to Venice in about a half hour. Treviso is also a very nice town well worth touring. Also, there is a bus stop very close to the hotel, which is very convenient. The bus line can take you right to the airport if your flight time coincides. There is also a nice grocery store right next door from which we purchased many snacks for our day trips into Treviso and Venice.

The bad:
The room: The drain in our room did not work at all. As I showered the water level was rising past my ankles. I had read other reviews with this same problem, and figured I would just wait a minute after the shower was over and let the water drain. It never drained. I was forced to open the door to the shower, which made water run all over the floor, all the way out the door onto the carpet. We used all of our fresh towels to clean it up. I told the front desk about the problem and let them know we were out for the day and they assured me it would be fixed before we returned. When I arrived home that night it was not fixed. To their credit when I told the night desk worker it had not been fixed, he quickly got it taken care of. They pulled a lot of hair out of the drain, even the maintenance worker was shocked by the mess. Accidents happen, but what I don't appreciate is when a hotel says they will do something and then does not. For the price we paid, I don't expect things like this to happen.

No AC: Because we were there in the winter, there is no AC available. The heat is central and you can't adjust it yourself. There is a window that opens, but this also let in a few mosquitos. It was very hot trying to sleep in this hotel.

The pool: If you're looking for a place for your family to swim, know this hotel pool does not allow kids to swim in it. The front desk said they would make an exception for us but the people in charge of the pool would not. So, we swam one at a time. We also had to pay 3 euros for a swim cap and they tried to charge us 4 euros for a towel.

The spa costs an extra 20 euros per person / per day. There is no free hot tub. This is not what was advertised on expedia.

The shuttle service: Does not exist. When I asked about it, they said "we do offer shuttle service by calling you a taxi." A taxi is not a shuttle and should not be advertised as a shuttle. The taxi ride 1/2 mile to the airport cost me 15 euros. At very least, the hotel could have a deal with a taxi service to not overcharge its patrons.

The check out: When we went to check out, there were minibar charges. We never took anything out of the minibar. I have read that has happened to others too at this hotel. Perhaps they try to charge everyone unless you put up a fight. I really did not appreciate this as my final experience with this hotel.

All in all, should we choose to return to Treviso, I will try a different hotel. It's a shame too, most of the things on my "con" list could be easily fixed.

Room Tip: Pool is only for adults and very limited hours. Room is very hot. Hot tub costs extra. Only taxis...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank BuckPastor
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I absolutely loved my stay at the Maggior hotel. The receptionist was extremely nice and upgraded us to a lovely huge luxury room with a large balcony end we even had our dog with us! The room was very clean and well decorated, very modern and the bed was a dream to sleep in. Breakfast was very good too and every member of the staff went out of their way to help us and made us feel very welcome. I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Very comfortable and reasonally priced hotel with a 15-20 walk to train station and old town. Location is quite good. The heating and airconditioning system is a central system which didn't respond to the room controls. Once we understood this, we left windows open during the day to cool the room down and we had no problems. The buffet breakfast was also excellent. Definitely would return. We didn't use the spa and swimming pool, which had restricted opening times but looked good.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I normally stay at this hotel for short breaks. The rooms are very nice and clean and the staff is really helpful. You feel a valued customer!
They also have a nice restaurant and wine list is very good!
The only thing I can say about rooms is that if you're given room no. 231 ask for another one. This one in particular isn't as nice as the others.
The location is strategic if you want to go to Venice, Treviso, Padua or Conegliano.

Room Tip: if you're given room no. 231 ask for another one. This one in particular isn't as nice as th...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank marina d
Reviewed 5 June 2013

The room is simple but clean. Staff is professional and the hotel is located in a quiet area. The supermarket beside the hotel closes at 8pm.

Free wifi at lobby only, although if you get a room that's close to the lobby (eg first floor centre), you can still get wifi in the room.

Room Tip: Near to lobby, centre. FOR WIFI :)
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank pluboy
Reviewed 23 May 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the consiglio with a group of rugby friends on the recommendation of locals.
From the moment we arrived we were warmly welcomed by the manager and stAff.the rooms were very pleasant and the breakfast was excellent.when we asked management for guidance re local restaurants we were not disappointed!
In short many thanks to Marie Cristine and her staff for putting up with the children(and their attempts to play the piano) and their fathers!i thoroughly look forward to my next stay at this excellent hotel that excels in customer service and holiday satisfaction.

• Stayed: May 2013