Hotel Maggior Consiglio
Hotel Aurora(Treviso)
  • Breakfast included
Al Giardino(Treviso)
View Hotel
All reviewsswimming poolpizzataxi ridetreviso airportfresh handmadehotel poolgreat poolgreat croissantsseparate roomsfree receptionand spoke excellent englishstrange rulesfitness areavery nice hotellovely citytaxi farepastries
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The hotel was very clean, room was luxurious, staff was very polite and helpful. Spoke english very well making it easier to communicate. the receptionist even kept our luggages after our check out while we enjoyed our last day at Treviso until it was time for us to go to the airport. Breakfast was very nice, all kinds of sweets, muffins, donuts, cakes, croissants, nutella, fruit, yogurt, bacon, eggs. we will definietly stay here again! thank you for a wondeful stay. we had a room on the ground floor so we had wifi all day.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank DalliW1
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I have visited the hotel for a musical competition. The staff was very polite, communicative and tolerant (we had to practice in our rooms and they didn't say anything). The room was big enough for three of us staying, it was very modern and furniture was relatively new. We tried to watch TV, but everything was in Italian (no international channels). Beds were comfortable enough, we had enough sheets and blankets, although I didn't like the pillows. Bathroom was properly prepared for new guests, we had enough towels which were really soft and big. During the dinner and breakfast, the staff was really polite and they all spoke fluent English. We had some bad experience the year before with other restaurants in the town, so we decided to eat in the hotel. The food was really good, they have great stone-oven pizza. Breakfast was buffet type and it had really wide range of food to offer (from bagels and croissants to fruit and meat). At the check-out we couldn't find one card key but the staff didn't make any big deal for that, so that's a plus too. The hotel has it's own pool, but I couldn't find it (didn't really have intentions using it, but I wanted to see it). Next to the hotel is a supermarket and there's a bus stop really close.
We we're staying for just one night so I couldn't explore everything they offer.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back of the hotel are more quiet, but front ones have better view
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2014

this modern hotel with nicely renovated rooms offers good breakfast and excellent pizza in the evening. The hotel restaurant get quite full with locals coming in for the pizza. Next door is a big supermarket and thre is ample parking at the hotel. Staff is very friendly and helpfull and speaks good english. It is about 15min to the train station from where you get to Venice in about 30min. Trains are frequent.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank JennyGay
Reviewed 28 January 2014

First the good:

The bed: Very comfortable bed, free crib for our baby,

The staff: polite front desk staff. They spoke great English.

The food: Very nice breakfast. Bacon, eggs, toast, pastries, yogurt, fresh fruits, nutella, cereal, milk, coffee, tea, hot chocolate. My only breakfast complaint.... the juices were very watered down. I asked if they had any bottled juices available and was told no, only what was out. Why ruin such a great breakfast with something so petty?

The service: They provided us with a sack breakfast on our way out because our flight required us to leave before breakfast opened. A nice touch. Funny enough, our sack breakfast included bottled juices. :-)

The pool: The pool was very nice with jets and was heated, but has limited hours.

The area: It is a nice 15 minute walk to the train station which takes you to Venice in about a half hour. Treviso is also a very nice town well worth touring. Also, there is a bus stop very close to the hotel, which is very convenient. The bus line can take you right to the airport if your flight time coincides. There is also a nice grocery store right next door from which we purchased many snacks for our day trips into Treviso and Venice.

The bad:
The room: The drain in our room did not work at all. As I showered the water level was rising past my ankles. I had read other reviews with this same problem, and figured I would just wait a minute after the shower was over and let the water drain. It never drained. I was forced to open the door to the shower, which made water run all over the floor, all the way out the door onto the carpet. We used all of our fresh towels to clean it up. I told the front desk about the problem and let them know we were out for the day and they assured me it would be fixed before we returned. When I arrived home that night it was not fixed. To their credit when I told the night desk worker it had not been fixed, he quickly got it taken care of. They pulled a lot of hair out of the drain, even the maintenance worker was shocked by the mess. Accidents happen, but what I don't appreciate is when a hotel says they will do something and then does not. For the price we paid, I don't expect things like this to happen.

No AC: Because we were there in the winter, there is no AC available. The heat is central and you can't adjust it yourself. There is a window that opens, but this also let in a few mosquitos. It was very hot trying to sleep in this hotel.

The pool: If you're looking for a place for your family to swim, know this hotel pool does not allow kids to swim in it. The front desk said they would make an exception for us but the people in charge of the pool would not. So, we swam one at a time. We also had to pay 3 euros for a swim cap and they tried to charge us 4 euros for a towel.

The spa costs an extra 20 euros per person / per day. There is no free hot tub. This is not what was advertised on expedia.

The shuttle service: Does not exist. When I asked about it, they said "we do offer shuttle service by calling you a taxi." A taxi is not a shuttle and should not be advertised as a shuttle. The taxi ride 1/2 mile to the airport cost me 15 euros. At very least, the hotel could have a deal with a taxi service to not overcharge its patrons.

The check out: When we went to check out, there were minibar charges. We never took anything out of the minibar. I have read that has happened to others too at this hotel. Perhaps they try to charge everyone unless you put up a fight. I really did not appreciate this as my final experience with this hotel.

All in all, should we choose to return to Treviso, I will try a different hotel. It's a shame too, most of the things on my "con" list could be easily fixed.

Room Tip: Pool is only for adults and very limited hours. Room is very hot. Hot tub costs extra. Only taxis no shuttle. Easy access to hotel from Treviso airport via bus. Get a sack breakfast if your return flight leaves early.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank BuckPastor
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I absolutely loved my stay at the Maggior hotel. The receptionist was extremely nice and upgraded us to a lovely huge luxury room with a large balcony end we even had our dog with us! The room was very clean and well decorated, very modern and the bed was a dream to sleep in. Breakfast was very good too and every member of the staff went out of their way to help us and made us feel very welcome. I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple