See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 May 2017

I was staying for a night in Treviso before going on to Venice to meet up with friends. I am so pleased that I picked the Barberia. A fantastic host, a spotless and stylish room, (in fact it was a whole floor of the building) and a lovely breakfast. Treviso is very under rated in my opinion. I intend to return with my better half the next time we visit Venice. The owner is lovely and has even offered to cook a meal with us including going to the market to source the ingredients. How good is that?

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 8 November 2016 via mobile

Great and extremely clean apartment right into the heart of Treviso, can't get better location and service than this, both hosts we're extremely helpful and kind, giving us tips to what to visit and do both in Treviso and Venice. Very tasty breakfast served in the morning. Hosting can't really get any better than this, hence the 5 stars.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 October 2016

The B&B is no more and no less than a converted home right in the old town of Treviso. The owner has converted the property with great care and the room I used was very comfortable and extremely clean, which is not always the case in old town apartments. The bathroom was separate from the room but I did not think it was a problem. Of course the streets outside are a little noisy on the weekend but on the other hand you are right in the middle of the action, just two steps from the city main piazza. The roof terrace was small but cosy, and cool to come up at rooftop level for another view. The breakfast and kitchen area was charming and the breakfast was much more than I would expect from an Italian B&B - not just dry crackers, but musli, marmalade, fruit and different teas.
Special mention to the friendly owners who really gave that feeling of 'a little bit extra'. All in all a home away from home in a fun city with otherwise a very poor selection of hotels to choose from. You wont regret this one.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2016

When I arrived at the property, located perfectly in the heart of the city adjacent to Piazza Dei Signori, I was met and greeted promptly and warmly by Luca.

As I'd had to park my car away from the property (in Piazza Del Duomo) he accompanied me back to the car and helped me bring my luggage to the B&B. He then showed me to the free parking available at the north of the city centre, outside the walls, just 10 minutes walk from the B&B. All the time Luca was warm, friendly and interesting.

He gave me a tour of the property when we returned, and as I was the only one in residence at the time, I had the option of which room I wanted to stay in, and the unfettered run of the house for the time I was staying.

I have to say it's a really beautiful house. Immaculately clean. Tastefully and elaborately decorated with interesting features and artwork. Each room has its own character, and the secluded and private roof terrace is the perfect place to enjoy a quiet glass of wine and a smoke in the evening, if that's your sort of thing.

A lavish and tasty breakfast was served by Luca each morning & he gave plenty of tips on where to go and what to see, each option remarkable in its own way.

If you have the option you must try:

- a walk around the old walls of this beautiful historic city

- a drive along the "Strada del Prosecco" which runs from Valdobbiadene to Conegliano - a vast chain of vineyards producing a quality and diversity of Prosecco wines that you just wouldn't be aware of in the UK, all in a landscape and scenery to die for.

If I'd have been there for longer I'd also have spent a day exploring Venice.

All told, this is the perfect place for a single traveller or a couple to stay in Treviso, a friendly & comfortable base for your visit that represents phenomenally good value for money.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 27 December 2015 via mobile

I spent some days in Treviso and this B&B is located in the middle of the city center! It is logistic perfect to take the train to Venice and to visit others highlight as Asolo, Padova, Valdobbiadene, Bassano etc.
The furnishing is amazing, old romantic style but new! The rooms are big and with own bathroom. Everything is very clean. There is also an amazing terrace where you can see the rooftops of Treviso! Luca, the owner, is very friendly and kind and help with a lot of information. He is a perfect host. The breakfast is plentiful and tasty. I would recommend everyone to stay at Luca's B&B! I hope to come back soon.

Date of stay: December 2015