“A delightful restaurant with great views”

Ristorante La Calcina
Reserve with
Ristorante La Calcina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #300 of 1,416 Restaurants in Venice
Price range: US$27 - US$87
Good for: Romantic, View, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Hampshire, United Kingdom
“A delightful restaurant with great views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

We have regularly had lunch at La Piscina which is a great place on a sunny day with open views out from the Zattere over the Giudecca Canal. It is in that very special part of Venice which is the Dorsoduro and is a shortish walk from the Accademia Bridge but well worth the walk. It is a leisurely lunchtime place with good food at reasonable prices. A table at the front of the floating deck with a nice bottle of wine or two makes for a great holiday experience.

• Visited May 2014

Warrington, United Kingdom
“A bit of a trek, outstanding, moderate price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

Been this year and last year. Best value in Venice. Great fish and sea food. Very friendly. On a small pier on the north side of Dorsoduro, so a little bit of a walk. I ate too much of the starter and main I couldn't manage a desert, really annoyed with myself. One of those places i will go to on every venice visit. If in season will need to book, this weekend we didn't need to.

Visited May 2014
Toronto
“We had a nice lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

I was last at this restaurant in September 2011 with my daughter for dinner. We had just arrived that day and were jet-lagged, so ate close to our hotel near the Accademia Bridge. The next day we took a walking tour with a local and he told us we'd been lucky, as that was the only good restaurant on the Zattere promenade. It was definitely the best dinner we had in Venice that trip.
Now I'm back with my husband and we're staying in Cannareggio. We happened to be near the Accademia around lunch time, so we walked over to see if the restaurant was still there. It was raining, so no eating on the water, unfortunately. We went to sit outside under the awning and were told it was just for drinks. That's nice to know if you just want a drink - and they served a little bowl of pistachios with a drink.
It had been pouring rain and I had on the tourist uniform of backpack and hooded jacket. The dining room room looked a little elegant for my attire, so I dropped my wet things near the umbrella stand.
We were seated quickly and served drinks and bread quickly. Always a good sign to me. My husband ordered soup and gnocchi. I order the beef carpaccio with arugula, olives and Parmesan. The carpaccio was perhaps the best I've ever had. Soft and tasty, not hard and salty. The salad was huge, so my husband helped me with it and I helped him with the gnocchi, which were excellent.
Good service, cold drinks, good bread, great food and large portions. I'll go back!
One odd thing about some of the previous reviews. Why do several of them call the restaurant La Calcina? It's La Piscina!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Pdufton
St. John, United Kingdom
“DELIGHTFUL PLACE FOR LUNCH”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

We dropped in here on spec, and had a delightful and well cooked lunch at a very reasonable price by Venice standards. The room was charming, with a lovely view over the water, and the staff were attentive and friendly. The menu was appetising and they certainly know how to serve fish! In summer you can sit outside by the water, which must be a pleasure. As a bonus, the restaurant turns out to bein the building where Ruskin lived in Venice. Well worth a detour.

• Visited January 2014
Brussels, Belgium
“Nice surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

The small dinning room over viewing the water is nice, romantic and decorated in a italian rustic chic style. Really what we wanted.

The service is pro and the price is really reasonable. We were amayzed That for the price the portions are big. Shared a delicious san Daniel ham and citrus sorbet, then my veal liver venitian style was amayzing. Super good and unexpensive wine.

To recomand in this city where eating Well usually means paying a lot... Not here... You Spend a nice Time in a nice cozy italian atmosphere with great food.

• Visited November 2013