“A fantastic stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #36 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“A fantastic stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

My Mum and I spent 4 nights at the Ruzzini Palace Hotel last week and we had a great stay. The hotel is in a fantastic location, not too far from all the main attractions.

We were upgraded to a suite, which was beautiful. The hotel staff were very helpful and there was a good selection available for breakfast.

We booked this hotel based on these Tripadvisor reviews and were not disappointed at all. We can't wait to return on our next visit to Venice!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GMRuzzini, Direttore at Ruzzini Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear PKM2013,
After your very kind review…we’ll only wait for your next visit! Thanks!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

Hotel is ideally located close to all main attractions, yet in a quieter part of town. It's very clean and modern. We were upgraded to junior suites and rooms were extremely spacious by Venice standards.Service- pleasant and competent. I would definitely return on my future trips. On the second thought- I would have to travel with my own pillow- they were rock hard and uncomfortable.
Breakfast was a letdown.Fried eggs for 16 euros? It's cheap:)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Pumpkin,
We are very glad to hear that you appreciate so much the free room upgrade we have been able to arrange for your stay. Eventually, on your next visit, if you ask to the front desk, we’ll pleased to provide you softer pillows….buffet breakfast include scrambled eggs, boiled ones….the extra cost of 8 euro (not 16), is only is you ask one express plate)….Thanks!
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

Having stayed at some of the worlds top hotels I can say that the service at the Ruzzini Palace is second to none.

My wife wanted something special to celebrate her birthday and this hotel certainly provided that extra something. Excellently placed for easy walking to both St Mark's Square and The Rialto Bridge yet situated in a quiet square away from the milling crowds, this hotel has it all.

Although the building is over 500 years old the amenities are right up-to-date so you have history and elegance rolled into one.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to really enjoy their visit to Venice.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
GMRuzzini, Direttore at Ruzzini Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Chasowen,
We are very happy that your stay with us has been so special and that you really appreciate our Hotel and our staff efforts. Waiting for your next visit…Thanks!
Carlisle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

My wife and I recently spent our birthdays in the Ruzzini Palace hotel (my 50th ) we travelled from the airport on a water bus with no map or idea where the hotel was at 9 pm not the best idea perhaps ! but with a basic map bought at Realto Bridge and helpful directions from a local we found this oasis. Venice is a wonderful place the Ruzzini and staff better!! They were very pleasant and helpful food in the hotel was of a good standard the room had French doors to a small balcony over a small waterway and the hotel is very central to Venice's attractions. Lots of restaurants to chose from close by. Best to change cash in UK high street or use your bank card to get euros from cash machine as at the railway station exchange I was offered 86 euros for £100 and the exchange booths in the street were offering 1 euro for £1 cash machines 100 euros for £86

• 5 of 5 bubbles
GMRuzzini, Direttore at Ruzzini Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear Mike,
We wish to thank you for the time you spent to leave your experience with us; in order to reach us and find out proper directions, we always suggest all our future customer, to e-mail (concierge@ruzzinipalace.com) or call us (anytime) and we’ll pleased to give you the necessary assistance…Anyhow, change commission fee must be considered, in each different country, when you leave UK.
Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

My husband and I have just returned from 4 nights at Ruzzini Palace and, having spent so many hours online looking at hotels in Venice, I was really pleased I chose Ruzzini. I emailed the hotel several times before our stay to enquire about the room and transport etc and each time I received a very prompt, polite and helpful response. As this was a birthday surprise for my husband, I decided it would be nice to arrive in style via a private water taxi from the airport, which the hotel booked for me for 140 euros. Though it's not cheap, it's a fantastic and hassle free way to arrive as the boat drops you at the private mooring at the rear of the hotel. We received a very warm welcome from the reception staff, and were upgraded from a deluxe to a junior suite. The room was fantastic, nicely furnished, very spacious and with a huge comfortable bed and two full length windows overlooking the square. We spent our first couple of hours sitting on the window ledge sipping champagne and watching the world go by, it was perfect!
The hotel is in an excellent location, away from the crowds but within a 5/10 minute walk from San Marco and Rialto. After a day spent walking among the throng of tourists, it was so nice to return to the peace of Ruzzini. This is a hotel which manages to retain all the historic elegant charm of a Venetian Palace whilst offering a comfortable stay with modern amenities. The room, with its beamed high ceiling and marbled floor, was spotless and beautifully adorned with an antique painting and an impressive gilt framed mirror. My husband and I both work for the airline industry and stay in hotels all over the world, and I have to say the Ruzzini Palace is one of the best we have stayed in. The staff are very helpful and the fact that it isn't too big means it has a very personal and friendly ambience. We would definitely stay at here again and highly recommend it to all!
Ps. I would also highly recommend the Luna Sentada restaurant in Campo San Severo, just a few minutes walk from Ruzzini, it was the best meal we had in Venice!

1 Thank Katie10Surrey
Dear Katie,
We wish to thank you for your very kind words for our Hotel & staff. We are happy that you appreciate the atmosphere of our “Palace”. Thank you for the good restaurant suggestion too!
Windsor
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

I stayed here on my own for three nights and it was a delightful experience. The staff were extremely pleasant and helpful without being intrusive. My standard room on the top floor was quite small and the window high up but it was very clean and comfortable and good value for such a lovely hotel in an excellent position, convenient for all the sights but quiet at night. Breakfast was excellent. If I ever go back to Venice, and I hope I will, I would have no hesitation in booking here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear Granniero,
We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay even in one of our basic accommodations. Many thanks for your time to leave your experience on TA!
Grimsby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

We recently spent our ruby wedding anniversary at the Ruzzini Palace in S.Maria Formosa square in the heart of the Castello region of the city. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a junior suite, which was simply magnificent! The building was originally a palace and every bit of opulence from yesteryear remains. The suite with 30 foot high ceilings, silk wall coverings and soft furnishings, beautiful antique pictures and an extra king-sized bed.
The bathroom was marble clad with all the facilities of the 21st century. Everything was spotlessly clean with the bed linen replaced daily. The staff were courteous, extremely helpful, multi-lingual and knowledgeable. The breakfasts were included in the room rate and the food was fresh, plentiful and well presented. The Kitchen and bar staff were exceptional and nothing was too much trouble.
The hotel was easily found and is close to all major tourist attractions. There are numerous bars and restaurants within minutes of the hotel but the hotel bar provided an excellent choice of wines and cocktails at very reasonable prices. There is nothing detrimental that I can write about the Ruzzini Palace Hotel

Room Tip: all rooms will provide the elegance that you would expect from a 4* hotel. very quiet area.