“A Very Good Hotel”

Ranked #41 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Leiden, The Netherlands
“A Very Good Hotel”
Reviewed 28 April 2009

We stayed at the Ruzzini for three nights. We were upgraded to a junior suite: a beautiful and comfortable room with a great view on the nice square in front of the hotel.
Location is very good. Quiet and San Marco Place an Rialto Bridge are in a short walking distance.
Staff is friendly and helpfull. Breakfast is not abundant but quite sufficient.
We enjoyed our stay in this hotel very much.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
UK
Reviewed 23 April 2009

What a great hotel, friendly staff and first class service. Perfectly placed for a Venice holiday and if you get them to arrange your water taxi they'll take you right up to the back door, so no walking across the city.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed 17 April 2009

When I first read the reviews and saw the photos of the Ruzzini Palace, compared them to other hotels in the locations I thought that would be nice for us and saw a good deal at Expedia, I have booked it with good expectations. And my relations with the hotel soon have begun, in a helpful and kind way, when the hotel concierge, Michele, tracked me @ tripadvisor when I was making questions about watertaxis in the Venice forum.
The hotel is really a gem! A lovely palazzo, wonderfully located at Campo de Santa Maria Formosa, close to San Marco and Rialto(5min walk from both), but far enough from the crowds. The hotel is well decorated and new, the breakfast is really very good. Our rooms were huge and really comfortable. My parents were greated with a bottle of prosecco for their 47th anniversary. Their room faced the canal and had balconies and our`s faced the lovely campo. I can only make one remark about my bathroom: although I could expect the lack of shower in houses ond older hotels around europe, I didn`t expect that in a great modern bathroom. My parents had a shower, though. But that really did not bother me much. We all loved Venice more than I expected, and I think The Ruzzini has contributed a lot to that feeling.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank marciopsiq
England
Reviewed 4 April 2009

We stayed at Ruzzini Palace for 3 nights and found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The room was lovely with a nice view and the location of the hotel was great. Only 5mins walk from St.Marks and the Rialto but just far enough from all the touristy areas so nice and quiet.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Dublin
Reviewed 16 March 2009

The location is great as you are minutes away from Rialto and also St Mark's Square. Quiet area just minutes away from the crowds. The actual hotel is beatiful. We got a deluxe room overlooking the canal and it was very spacious and very comfortable. We had a gorgeous bath however the shower wasnt great as it sprayed everywhere so you end up having more water on the floor than inside the tub. There was also a separate room where they had two chairs and a sofa and you could relax there. what lets this hotel down is the breakfast, not a breakfast you would expect from a 4 star hotel in Italy. The selection was poor and if you came down at 10.00 they were not restocking which was annoying.
Simone (the reception guy) made us very welcome and he was always very helpful and attentive. Every hotel should be full of Simones. He is a great asset! Thanks very much for your help and advice.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Naples
Reviewed 9 March 2009

I stayed there last July and absolutely loved the location, staff, and room. There was a comedy of errors leading to our arrival; We exited the Vaperetto on the wrong side of the Grand Canal with some pretty heavy luggage on a hot summer day in Venice with the streets packed. We are young and active, and this extra time exhausted us. I felt like we were on "The Amazing Race". Do yourself a favor and pay whatever it cost's to get delivered right to the canal behind the hotel. Once at the hotel the location is prime! The staff is attentive, and the coffee at breakfast is awesome. Just be careful to take it easy on the Italian coffee. I drank a pot because it was so good and got so wound up, I could barely talk and my heart was palpitating. I got a tour of a few rooms and they are all very nice, but the Jr. Suite is the way to go if you like spaciousness.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
paris
Reviewed 2 March 2009

I stayed one night with my girlfriend at the Ruzzini Palace for a nice and romantic weekend in Venice. I had booked a junior suite (room 301) about two months in advance and we were very happy with the room.
The hotel is ideally located 5 mn from Rialto, and 5 mn from San Marco, but far enough from all the hassle of both places. It is located at one end of a large and beautiful square, Campo Santa Formosa, and if you are lucky enough to stay in one of the rooms overlooking at the square, the view is incredible. I have been in Venice twice and walked everywhere and I think it's one of the most georgous squares in the city. It is less touristic than San Marco, so there are a couple of excellent restaurants around, a supermarket..
The hotel itself: Excellent service, the clerks spoke italian, english, french, and were able to help us out and even recommend us with nice restaurants and even booked a reservation for us. The room was quite large but I think a bit smaller than international standards (it's quite common in Venice). The room was a mix with old fashion paintings and newly renovated walls, very high ceilings, Excellent huge beds, and we were offered a bottle of Prosecco. I highly recommend booking a room with the view on the square. On the other side, there is a small canal and I think another building across so I'm sure the difference of view is big.
There is internet available for free in the lobby.
The only disappointment was the breakfast: I think it's a bit cheap for a hotel that nice and expensive. It's just a standard breakfast with hot beverages, low quality juices, cereal, croissants, bacon and eggs, etc. It's basic, sufficient but I would have enjoyed more choice and better quality.
I would highly recommend this hotel for its location, service, and the charm of the building itself which is an old palace renovated into a hotel.
It made our stay very special!!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple