“Great hotel in a great location in a great city” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ruzzini Palace Hotel

Ruzzini Palace Hotel
Ranked #36 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Manchester
“Great hotel in a great location in a great city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2010

This is a great modern hotel close to the main attractions in Venice, such as the Rialto Bridge and St Marks Square. We had a little difficulty finding it when we arrived in Venice but once there everything seemed easy. The staff are very helpful and are willing to organise trips and recommend restaurants. Breakfast is excellent, as was the view from our top floor room. The room was spotless and the furniture was like new. All reception and restaurant staff spoke good English. We shopped around for a good deal on this accommodation and would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2010

My wife and I stayed in Ruzzini Palace for two nights during our stay in the beautiful city of venice.

After making our way through the narrow streets with our cases from the Water Bus stop at St Marks we arrived in the Piazza San Formosa with the imposing Ruzzini Palace looking out. We entered the hotel and were greeted by Massimiliano the softly spoken and supremely helpful receptionist who made us feel very welcome.

Our room was beautiful and very quirky with the bathroom being central to the room. The hotel had a wonderful relaxing effect and was quiet. The location was perfect for exploring the city mid way between the Rialto bridge and St Marks square.

Throughout our stay the hotel were more than helpful and hopefully if we return to Venice we will return to the Ruzzini as it was worth every single penny!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2010

Just back from 5 days in Venice and are so glad we were staying at the Ruzzini Palace. We only booked here as we were joining friends who had already booked and I'm very glad they did! We organised a private transfer from the airport through the hotel as there were 6 of us travelling together which made it better value. Beware if there's only two of you!! The staff were superb and extremely helpful, polite and friendly. Our room was beautiful with two windows overlooking the square. It was spotlessly clean with plenty of space. The only drawback in the bathroom was the shower attachment was in the bath and handheld only. The lounge area outside our room was a perfect meeting place for us and was stunningly decorated with views of the canal one side and the square the other. The location of this hotel is perfect. As all the other reviews state, it's close enough to be near everything but not in the middle of the tourist areas. The breakfast buffet was probably one of the best I have seen with plenty of choice and very well presented. This hotel isn't the cheapest option but in my view, this was money well spent.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
SF, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2010

Ruzzini Palace is as fantastic as the other reviews have claimed. A cool haven in the bustling and jostling of Venice in July. You do need a map to get there. If you follow the instructions on their website, you can find Ruzzini Palace fairly easily. You can also pay a gondolier about 80 euros (7/10) to take you there. Simone at the front desk was really kind and helped me with a restaurant, calling a water taxi, and letting my family tour the palace (it is stunningly beautiful, with fairy glass chandeliers), even though I had checked out by the time my family showed up (we were going on a cruise, and I had come before them). The room I had—103—had two small balconies which overlooked a canal frequented by gondolas. Just watching the slow passage of tourists was a dream. It was a large room for one or two, with a great shower and big flat screen TV and elegant furnishings. I even took a picture of the actual floor because it was like a smooth slice of composite marble or granite with mother of pearl glinting every now and then as I walked from the closet around the room to the office space where there was a mini bar and makings for tea and coffee. The hotel was so peaceful after the mania of San Marcos Square and because I was clueless enough to haul my luggage there. Had I realized how many stair-step bridges there were, I would have paid the gondolier. I will next time. The breakfast was wonderful, and I wished that I had booked longer than one night. I plan to come back with my husband next year for our 25th wedding anniversary, because Venice is a very happy, wonderful, musical place, and I like the person I am when I'm there.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank originofalphabet-com
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2010

LOCATION: The hotel overlooks a huge plaza called the Santa Maria Formosa. What a perfect location. The plaza has tons of eating places and so much goes on there. The hotel is within walking distance to everything. San Marco plaza and the Ponte Vechio are only a short 5-7 minute walk.

This is also one of the few hotels that faces a plaza, but also has the back of the hotel on a canal. This is a huge plus as you can take a water taxi that can stop at the back of the hotel and you never have to drag your bags around the streets going or coming to the hotel from the airport or train station. Good if you have a lot of luggage that isn’t very portable or if walking is a bit of a challenge. It’s door to door service! We took a Vaporetto (water bus) from the airport to the hotel. The vaporetto was cheaper than a taxi (only 13 euros per person from the aiport, as a private water taxi from the airport was 100 euros) We got off on the Rialto stop, and walked about 5 minutes, but had very portable bags.

Checking out of the hotel, we had to go to the train station and decided to try a water taxi as the train station is closer. The hotel called us a water taxi and it was 70 euros. It was a such a plush water taxi that had beautiful woodgrain and was pristine inside.

The location is perfect as you are in a square. A couple streets down is a small grocery store and also a self service laundrymat which we used. If you go there, they will wash your clothing for you for a small fee or you can do it yourself. We travel very light, so we found this very helpful.

ROOM: First of all, the rooms are immaculate and clean with tons of light. Ceiling to wall windows with beautiful fabrics and wall treatments. We had room 302 which had a queen bed and single bed and also the connecting room (which is beautiful living room). They made the living room sofa into a king bed so that there was space for 4 of us.

Together the two rooms were like an opulent apartment and we did feel like we were in a palace. The “Square Suite” faces the square (Santa Maria Formosa) and the square suite has THE ONLY Room BALCONY facing the square. The other balcony is a common area in between hotel rooms. My kids felt like royalty going out onto the huge balcony and looking at the square. If you get the suite that faces the canal, I am sure it is nice too, but the canal is so narrow, that you pretty much see the next building more than anything. The view out of our window went all the way to San Marco Square. Amazing.

The main room also had a small dedicated office area. Basically a long desk that was behind the queen bed. My husband used this when he had to take a couple calls and hook up his laptop. If you need internet connectivity, they give you a card you purchase for either an hour or 24 hours. This is pretty standard.

BATHROOM: The bathroom is very nice, although no windows. It is right as you walk in the door to the room and the rest of the room surrounds the bathroom.

BREAKFAST: Breakfast was wonderful and huge! It is in a very bright room and it is much more than a continental breakfast. Every morning they had scrambled eggs and bacon, in addition to everything else you would expect (yogurt, pastries, toast, cereals). The service is great at breakfast and it was one of the better breakfasts in Italy.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Traveler 300
Marysville, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2010

My 13 yr old daughter and I traveled all over Europe this summer for a month...the Ruzzini Place was our favorite. Luxurious, clean, convenient location, yet quiet - if that sounds like what you want...then this is the place. Francesco, Ahmed and Mike the bartender were our favorites. The Continental breakfast was the best deal we got during our travels....this is a place that can't be beat!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Derbyshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2010

We really enjoyed our 2 night stay, we took a water taxi (be prepared for the cost) from the airport straight to the hotel door, we enjoyed the ride. The hotel was lovely, we upgraded to a suite which was just fab. The staff bought up a bottle of Champagne within a few mins of our arrival to wish us a happy anniversary. The staff were really helpful and happy to tell us about places to visit and mark them on the map. We had an excellent meal at SANGAL which i would highly recommend for a special treat. The spagetti carbonara was amazing in Venice :) I would highly recommend hotel as only about 5-7 mins walk to main square but far enough away to have some peace and quiet as well. The breakfast was good, not lots of choice but all fresh and plenty enough to fill up on for a day of walking!! I would defo recommend a gondalo ride with serenade for the experience. The handbag shops are amazing so take plenty of money. We will certainly visit Ruzzini again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple