“Wonderful Venitian hotel close to everything yet quiet”

Bed & Breakfast Venice Rooms House
Ranked #422 of 468 Venice B&B and Inns
Ottawa
“Wonderful Venitian hotel close to everything yet quiet”
Reviewed 23 September 2011

We stayed at Ca Dei Dogi twice in September prior and after our Mediterranean cruise. Each of our hosts: Susanne, Stefano and John are remarkable people who focused on providing the best service for their clients - and delivered 1000% for us..

Though we had most interaction with Susanna, I know that it takes a team to make sure excellent service is delivered.. All were nice and helpful people.

From the comfortable room, to the truly central location ( a few short blocks from the San Marco square and vaparetto stop), to the filling and delicious breakfast, to the quiet location and the very insightful and helpful advice from the hosts, there is nothing that can top this hotel for us.

Susanna's restaurant recommendations were superb, including La Mascareta on our final night.. The food was good and owner of this restauant is truly unique, including tasting our bottle of wine with us to "make sure it was OK".. We had fun..

And Susanna's Venice contacts to retrieve our lost luggage prior to our cruise in short order was a life saver, as we had nightmares of a 12 day cruise in our same clothes..

You can be assured that when we will return we will book this wonderful hotel again and if we have friends visiting this amazing city we will recommend it for their stay..

Room Tip: Check the web site to get the best room for you. Our room was exactly as described and pictured on t...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank headingsomeplace

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reviewed 10 September 2011

We arrived in Venice late due to a train delay, then got lost trying to find the hotel (not uncommon in Venice). When we found this quaint little hotel off the beaten path, Stefano greeted with a huge smile! He walked us up to our room and gave us a little tutorial. The room is very modern and CLEAN! It is a bit small, but pretty normal in Italy. We woke late for breakfast the next morning but they happily accommodated us with breakfast on the roof terrace! Stefano and Suzanne were lovely and always greeted us with a smile! The hotel was very quiet and wonderful. Thanks!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Heatherpharmd
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights in Venice. It was a wonderful location within a few minutes walking distance of St. Marks Square. There are many restaurants nearby, as well as the Grand Canal. The hosts, Susanna and Stefano were extremely friendly and helpful, with planning tours and giving us tour recommendations. The free wi-fi was also very convienient. I'd highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Sarah O
Andover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2010

it was mine and my boyfriends first holiday away 2 gether and we couldnt of chose a more perfect place. We arrived at night in venice trevisio and it was so easy to find transport into the centre of venice. After catching the water taxi to lido which roughly took 40 mins we got ourself a little lost trying to find the B+B however the locals of lido, even thou spoke no english understood we were lost and rang the B+B and gave us directions our destination. The B+B is in a perfect location not only are you close to all the beautiful sights of venice but Lido is so Piecefull , and has a great beach. A little tip for being out and about is to find the local Billa which is a quick walk from the B+B and buy water or else you could spend 3euros for a bottle of water.
The decor of the B+B is perfect and quant . The man who runs the B+B is ever so friendly and makes sure you are looked after . the facilities are clean and well maintained however i could not seem to get hot water out of the shower but that didnt really matter as i had such an amazing time. It was great value for money and made you feel as if you were living in venice rather than being in a over comercialised hotel. i hope to visit again next year and would definatley stay in a this B+B. the views from our room at night were fabulous i remember waking up at 3am and running round the room trying to find my camera .
I fully recomend this B+B to couples who want an affordable relaxing break.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank christiney17
Scotland
Reviewed 15 October 2009

First of all I truly do not wish to offend the owner with my account of the brief stay my partner and I made here a few years back I was merely remembering it idly and wondered whether it was on tripadvisor. Either the person who reviewed this first is getting mixed up with the similar named place in Venice or the owner has been on some sort of customer service course. First of all we tried to find it, having been told that we should ring the owner when we got off the waterbus and he would advise us of location (due to it being a residential not touristy area) he promptly hung up on my partner each and everytime he attempted to call him. When we arrived a little hot and flustered but relieved we located it, we were pleased, it's a lovely building a beautiful apartment. The room was fine but we were a little confused why he would not wish to put guests in one of the lovely corner rooms with a view instead of the side facing an apartment block but never mind. (door was open to each so could see in). We went out, wandered about and a little later came back and the place was quiet and apparently deserted which was fine. In the morning however it was quite strange, bearing in mind we were there one night as a stop over on the way to Genoa for my partners work (we decided on Venice as it is somewhere I had seen but not him) and wanted to leave as we had quite a way to go still and we needed our passports back. We were up and dressed (no milk for a cup of coffee or anything) and wondering when he was going to make an appearance and...nothing till nearly mid-day, so I crept to his door and polite as anything knocked and asked if he was there, in reply I got a roaring' I COMING!' and he huffed and puffed out of his room barely awake and in a bad enough mood to not be forthcoming with the second B of the B&B and we were too scared to ask. He then proceeded to keep us for another hour while he disappeared back into his room, then faffed with the card machine (my partner had to show him how to work it, it's a good job we're honest) despite us nearly pleading him to please hurry as we were already about 4 hours later than we wanted to leave, rummaged for our passports and generally made us feel like unwelcome guests in his home. There was nothing for us to do but stare at the ear-waxy cotton-bud which was the sole item on the breakfast table and try not to catch each others eye for fear of enraging him further by giggling. It was an expensive, hungry stay in a beautiful apartment and I'll never forget it as long as I live.

• Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CSH81
bbcadeidogi, Proprietario at Bed & Breakfast Venice Rooms House, responded to this review, 2 June 2010
Did you are sure to talk about my place?
In my place there are boiler tor make self coffe or thea, free of charge, at disposal of costumers 24 houra at day. I know perfect how to use my poss machine, and in july 2007 i stell do not have any pos machine! I buyed it in 2007 but leater!!
In Breackfast room ther are a buffet and wih cache and bread, a fridge whit milk, yougurt and bolied egs whrere the costumers can make self breckfast eaven if i was not there, united to the boiler to make coffè, thea or chocolade.
In june 2007 The breckfast self service was les fournited, i know, because i gest started my job, i know, but i did not have any pos machine, or maby i jest buyed it from days!
Normaly, if need, i came out to find my costomers on the street, if they c n not find my place: but is stell Verry easy to reatch us: Form the booat station, less than 100 meter and only a corner. Sure not hard to find us. Sometime someone getting lose, but i help them to find my B&B.
You tell ihang up to your partener, You never think abaut you are calling in italy whit a scotland mobile phone? Maby the line fault down! This whuold be not the ferst time was difficult to call in italy eaven whit italian mobile phone company, whit some mobile phone company can call, with other can not, from the same area, And you are using a SCOTLAND mobile phone company!!
Is true i have a room whit wiev, but if someone exprtessaly reserved that room whit wiev i can not give it to any other costumers, eaven if the costumers that reserve that room have stell to ceck in,, and eaven in night, till the morning after, because they can stell come in!

Travellers are raving about these Venice hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Venice
Hotel Rigel
#19 of 33 in Lido di Venezia
Riviera Hotel
Riviera Hotel
#12 of 33 in Lido di Venezia

Been to Bed & Breakfast Venice Rooms House? Share your experiences!