“funny my experience was good”

Restaurant Pizza Da Celio
Ranked #1,264 of 1,460 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Marco
Reviewed 8 September 2012

everyone else hated it? it makes me feel crazy ..but we ate here .. our meals were good as were
the couple next to us..NOT overpriced.. and service was very good.. also the room was fairly attractive. what can I say ..? Im a big traveler.. maybe we just got lucky?

There are newer reviews for Restaurant Pizza Da Celio

Reviewed 27 August 2012

Just like most of the reviewers here, we wandered into this tourist trap without doing any research before dining and paid the price with the worst dinner I have ever been served in a restaurant. The decor of this place is hideous; paneled walls with flea market art. We were seated in a side room with other American tourists. I had a pizza, which was one of the cheapest items on the menu. When I was a kid, we used make pizzas from a boxed Chef Boyardee kit; those were ten times better than the pizza served in this restaurant in Italy. One of our party had grilled chicken. It was about 1/4 inch thick and pale white with fake grill marks, served on a bed of shredded, wilted lettuce. The final bill was outrageous.

Anyone leaving this disaster of a restaurant a good review must have been under the influence of something other than the wine. Of course, this place will stay in business, as there are always gullible tourists to fleece. Don't be one of them!

6  Thank MD_Uniqueid
Reviewed 3 June 2012

This is a really bad restaurant. Avoid at all costs. We were served terrible food with poor service. The prices on the menu seemed reasonable until the children ordered coke and were charged 5 euros per small sized glass. With four kids that quickly adds up. Please note that the drink prices were not listed on the menu. Since the pizza prices seemed reasonable, we weren't worried. The pizza, by the way, was like a bit of mozzarella melted on a thin crust. No herbs, very little tomato---I wouldn't even call it pizza.
This is definitely a tourist trap!

P

5  Thank Cjkncat
Reviewed 29 May 2012

My husband and I had the misfortune of dining in this (I hesitate to call it a restaurant) "place" on our recent visit to Venice. On entering the welcome was effusive but once we were seated and our order taken, the waiter's attitude became surly and disinterested. The food was awful and barely edible hence neither of us ate very much. Our bill, as other reviews have indicated, was considerably higher than the other restaurants in the same area that we had dined in on the previous three nights. We questioned the bill 6 euros for chips, 6 euros for side salad, 6 euros for a coke. The waiter became very aggressive and kept saying "give me the money"!!

Feeling intimidated we paid and left. The experience ruined the rest of our last evening in Venice. It is unfortunate that with all the negative reviews this place is receiving something cannot be done to prevent this unacceptable behaviour!!

9  Thank Isobel M M
Reviewed 4 May 2012

My partner and I selected this restaurant after deciding to stay away from the 'tourist traps' in and around St. Mark's Square. The street that Da Celio is on has several tempting restaurants but the menu here looked appealing, so we decided to try it for lunch.

Upon seating, we were greeted by a very pleasant man who took our drink order. We chose a half bottle of soave which was very nice and ordered two starters (calamari with a mixed salad and mussels in a tomato sauce) and a seafood pizza to share. Both starters were well presented and tasted great, and the pizza was just the right size and very delicious on a nice thin base. Price-wise, for two starters, a half bottle of white wine, bottle of still water, a pizza and service charge, it was 63 euros. This is not cheap but then again, you are in Venice.

While we did not have room for dessert, the tiramisu on display in the chiller as we left looked very good.

After reading all the reviews below, I am really surprised at the assessment of what we believed to be a great choice for lunch. I would return and recommend!

1  Thank raiderlove214