“Left happy, would return!”

Best Western Premier Hotel Sant'Elena
Ranked #62 of 384 Hotels in Venice
GreenLeadersSilver level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Left happy, would return!”
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Very modern rooms and bathrooms with all the amenities (except conditioner).
Friendly staff, and a very strong wifi.

Not much to say, was happy with it! Mini bar wasn't too expensive. The included breakfast was decent, filled us up before heading out for the day. Basic pastries, some coffee and tea, bland cheese plates, and some fruit... Standard but pleasant.

All in all, loved the room.

Few issues:
1) when drawing the blinds back on the huge Windows it looked like a snow storm settled on the floor... I included pics, truly disgusting the amount of dust from the curtains.
2) a man was raking yesterday at 8:45am in the garden courtyard area and using a rake on cement.... With the windows and blinds closed it was enough to wake us up, and keep us awake.

Worth the value, quiet neighborhood, felt safe!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
FrancescoLaPietra, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Best Western Premier Hotel Sant'Elena, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear Guest,

thank for writing a review on our BEST WESTERN PREMIER Hotel Sant’Elena on TripAdvisor. We believe that guests’ comments are increasingly important to strengthen the quality of our services.

First of all, I am very happy you appreciated our rooms and the friendliness of our staff.
Concerning the dust issue, I am deeply sorry and I hope you can accept my most sincere apology. I have already speak with the Housekeeping Manager about the question you rised and she assured me she would investigate about the responsibilities.

We are glad you chose our hotel for your stay in Venice and we hope to see you soon to better serve your lodging needs.

Best regards,

Francesco La Pietra
Qualità e Controllo di Gestione
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Hotel Sant'Elena

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We stayed here with a tour group. When we arrived by water taxi, we walked by a local park and down a quiet street and my immediate thought was 'good grief where are we going?' To my surprise, the hotel ( a former convent I understand) appeared and from then on, it was wonderful. The staff were very helpful, the rooms were modern and clean and we found it quiet even though we were on the ground floor on the street side. Before staying in Venice I had heard that the standard may not be as good as in other cities. While the room may have been on the small side, it was more than adequate. The meals we had at the Hotel were excellent and I soon found it was a very easy trip from the Hotel to St Mark's Square. I would have no hesitation in returning to this lovely place. (Free strong wifi too - something many larger hotels seem to find difficult to provide.)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Julie L
Sydney
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This hotel is so different to other budget Venice hotels in that its so clean! Modern rooms, nice interiors, friendly staff. Its a long but delightful walk or ferry ride into town. Its very spacious and could be more resort style. I would be perfect if it had a pool! Close to Biennale exhibitions so perfect for me

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank sydneycarey
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Originally stayed here 4 years ago. Returned while visiting in Oct 2013. It has maintained it's consistency of an excellent value for Venice. Well appointed and large rooms by European standards, friendly and helpful staff, great breakfast and close proximity to the water taxis. We appreciate it's off the beaten track of the highly trafficked tourist locations. Nice safe neighborhood and if you enjoy walking can't beat the location for access to the more popular sites of Venice. If you want a location where you can step out the front door of your hotel and find a large number of restaurants in close proximity this is not the place for you. A quite peaceful location without the noise of the city, it's a great spot.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Alolma
Toronto
Reviewed 18 October 2013

WE stayed at the Sant Elena from 18Th to 21st Sept.The water taxi stopped 50 meters from the hotel which is located by a quiet park where locals congregate.The hotel is a Best Western Premier Hotel and has fairly large rooms and bathrooms.WE chose a ground floor room that opened onto the gardens.The Hotel is very quiet and there is a nice village to explore.The breakfasts were very good and they had fruit and pastries available through the day.We bought a two day Vaperetto pass and we could be in St Marks in 10 minutes or you can walk there in under 30 minutes.The people at the reception were very helpfull.When we were there there were 11 cruise ships in port so you can imagine the crowds and we were glad to get away after a busy day to Sant Elena.We highly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: We liked the room on the ground floor which opened onto the garden
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Boston, MA
Reviewed 14 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

We stayed only one night at Sant' Elena's and had a fine experience. The Hotel was busy and was still able to honor our Platinum Rewards status and provided a free upgrade to a Suite and a complimentary drink ticket.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Philip G
Sydney
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I had only one night in Venice so started looking at hotels near the centre. Either incredibly expensive or would only take bookings for two nights. So I booked the Hotel Sant Elena. Really happy I did. The location is a quiet corner of Venice away from the tourist crush in the centre yet only 3 Vaporetti stops from Piazza San Marco or 30 minutes very pleasant walk along the waterfront. Room was quiet, really comfortable and beautifully dark in the morning with full shutter blinds. Breakfast was unusually good and the staff ever helpful. I made the classic mistake of leaving my iPad charging in my room when I checked out. It was safely returned in my bags when I came to collect them later in the day. Recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo