“Almost 5/5”

Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Dorsoduro / Accademia
Description: NOT FOR FAST FOODERS!! Omnivorous Restaurant Please CHECK our on line Menu BEFORE to book a table!! Booking highly suggested. WE HAVE NOT VEGAN OPTIONS!! A credit card deposit can be requested to confirm a booking. WEDNESDAY and THURSDAY are our days off! we’ll be closed from next August 9th to 17th included, opening Aug. 18th for dinner
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Feel bad giving this place 4/5, but it just wasn't quite a 5.

The staff/service were excellent, I was v aware my girlfriend and I were not the most profitable of guests, we didn't drink anything that night, also we were sparrows and shared 3 dishes and dessert. But they didn't make us feel bad about it at all, and they happily split our dishes for us without us asking.

I'm deducting a star because although our first course tasted amazing (scallops), 2 and 3 weren't quite up to the billing for me.. and it wasn't cheap.

2  Thank Nolight
GPCremonini, Proprietario at Riviera, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Sir

Maybe it was not cheap but apparently, with a 3 dishes and dessert dinner that you shared in two with your friend (usually it's the number of courses for one Guest), you had both a nutritional satisfaction, and this satisfaction for two... you payed like one...

I agree with you that the “black pasta cappellacci with scallops, thyme and cherry tomatoes, red peppers foam” it's a delicate and nice dish, but I don't know which other ones of ours purposes disappointed you, because you didn't write it.
And also you didn't tell me anything when I was enquiring about your satisfaction at the end of your dinner, and I specifically asked you.

I cannot improve if you don't express yourself about your satisfaction.

When at the end of a dinner or of a lunch I ask to my Guests if everything was correct, it's because I can learn from your critics and so I can improve, and I have to thanks so many Guests that helped me with always interesting opinions, but from a sterile and nolight attitude I cannot learn nothing about my dishes or my mistakes.

Writing this review maybe you had a personal satisfaction, but you don't help me or -I think-either any Trip Adivisor User.

"In vino veritas", but I'm sure that it's possible to have a more honest attitude also drinking simply wonderful clear and fresh water.

Have a nice day

GP Cremonini

There are newer reviews for Riviera

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Wonderful/Romantic location superb food ( Try the Lobster with black spaghetti) great wine very knowledgeable staff and a vefr amiable manager all in all a wonderful experience

1  Thank sanford303
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My husband & I visited this restaurant on Friday 8th August whilst on honeymoon. We had high expectations after reading the amazing reviews on trip advisor and I must say we were not disappointed. The setting is absolutely beautiful and is in the quieter part of Venice so you can enjoy a meal without the hustle and bustle. After being seated the owner of the restaurant (GP Cremonini) then made his way to our table to greet and welcome us (such a lovely touch). He continued to do this to every table and also told us about the specials and regularly checked on us throughout the entire meal. The food choice is excellent and the menu caters for everyone's likes. The quality of the food is absolutely outstanding and I cannot recommended this restaurant highly enough. A lot of reviews comment on the price, but when you take into account the service, the setting and quality of the food it really is justifiable. The waiters and waitresses are incredibly professional and I really have never had such fantastic service before. This restaurant is exquisite and deserves to be labelled "The best restaurant in Venice" as that is exactly what it is! When I go to venice again I will most certainly be paying a visit here again. Fantastic, thank you to GP Cremonini and his wonderful team. We have already used the present (wine bottle opener) that you gave us :-) thank you.

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

My son and I ate here for my birthday. The food was really amazing, especially the Sushimi appetizer. The owner came around to our table throughout the evening to chat or talk about the food. The view is also great.

1  Thank Bryman16
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The setting was perfect just feet from Guidecca canal, the weather at 8 pm was very nice.
We were treated as im sure royalty would be from start to end.
The food was the best we have ever had, the bread the starter the main and the desert, even coffee was a complete delight.
This was for a special occasion so we are very grateful for how well Rivera is run, the attention to every detail was 10/10. The owner takes time to speak to all guests without encroaching on your privacy.
I found the total cost perfectly acceptable as we have paid considerably more in other top restaurants.
Many thanks to everyone at Rivera especialy Alberto and Serena who served us.

2  Thank ANDREW033