“Delicious experience”

Trattoria Ai Vetrai
Reserve with
Trattoria Ai Vetrai is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #321 of 1,462 Restaurants in Venice
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Murano
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We visited Ai Vetrai on a visit to the pretty island of Murano. The staff were pleasant and welcoming - we had a couple of special requests and they were most helpful. The dishes we chose were local Venetian ones which were fresh and delicious. I chose lemon sole and it was carefully prepared and filleted by the waitress for me and accompanied by grilled melanzane and zucchini. My friend had the best dish of all which was the Venetian "sarde in saor" or sweet and sour sardines served with grilled polenta. We all sampled the dish as it was so delicious! The staff were pleased that we enjoyed the meal so much, and we chatted with them and thanked them and ended up staying much longer than we had planned - it was a thoroughly memorable, although simple and modest, experience.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

The service was bad, waiters had bad attitude toward customers. Needless to say. I wouldn't recommend at all. Just didn't even want to comment....why I care!

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Restaurant looked nice so decided to eat here, waiter couldn't have cared less whether we did or not. We sat inside as outside 'full' and we were advised a long wait. Actually turned out a table had just asked for their bill and we could have sat outside in 5 minutes. Menus put on table, we had to ask for the menu di giorno (€15 for 2 courses and a side dish) which was only shown outside. The food was very nice and we enjoyed what we ate but felt treated like poor relations having to eat indoors. Being on Murano, and near a glass studio, the restaurant doesn't have to try hard to fill its tables but a smile or two wouldn't have gone amiss.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

As my favourite Murano trattoria had its weekly closing day on our 'glass shopping expedition'; myself and six friends stepped into 'Ai Vetrai' for a light lunch and to avoid a rain shower. We were more than pleasantly surprised; we all had the menu 'turistico' but the variety and freshness of the food offered made an excellent meal that satisfied all tastes and appetites. The fish lasagna was delicious, the salad fresh and plentiful, the pasta cooked perfectly, and the lemon sole delicious. The only caveat being the house wine, I would plump for a bottle next time. Service swift and efficient, waiters obliging and friendly. I knew it would be good when I saw that it was indeed a favourite lunchspot of local 'vetrai'. Excellent Value.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Would rather not comment, just would not recommend.
The service was not good and the food was disappointing and expensive. Don't want to say any more, as others might want to try it and we might just have been unlucky.