“Best Gelato in Venice, maybe Europe”
Review of Gelateria Nico

Gelateria Nico
Ranked #36 of 93 Dessert in Venice
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We found Gelateria Nico on the waterfront as we were walking toward our hotel near the Guggenheim Museum. We have been to several other cities in Italy and Europe and Nico has the best gelato by far. After trying some other gelato shops in Venice, e gave up and returned to Nico since he could not be beat. You definitely should make a stop here when you are in Venice.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I'm guessing it's hard to find bad ice-cream in Italy overall, and this place is no exception. Their ice-cream was very good, what more is there to say...

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I was recommended the Gianduiotto by a local, and it would appear that I got a price cheaper than what was listed on the menu. The price for a standard gelato is about par relative to what you would expect from a place near Rialto Bridge or Piazza San Marco - not great but still not a rip-off.

The other menu items I would consider quite expensive. The Gianduiotto itself was nothing to write home about, just a chocolate hazelnut ice cream block dumped in a gigantic wad of cream. It was nice to have said I've had one, but I don't think I'll go back.

Also note it's takeaway only - you are moved on if you sit down to eat.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We were told by a Venetian Contessa to try the gelato here as it's reputedly the best in Venice. You have got try Lampone, it was like eating freshly crushed raspberries and cream, delicious!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

The guide book suggested that this was a highly regarded place to go for ice cream.
How disappointing it was. The server was grumpy and was clearly having a bad day. The "highly recommended" ice cream was nothing special and we can get a lot better much nearer home!
We did not consider returning.