“Wonderful atmosphere” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ristorante La Bitta

Ristorante La Bitta
Ranked #73 of 1,409 Restaurants in Venice
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Dorsoduro / Accademia
West Midlands, UK
“Wonderful atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

They say you can't eat well in Venice. This place proves them wrong. It is absolutely charming with a wonderful atmosphere. I thought the service was excellent and the cooking spot on. The menu changes regularly and is typically Venetian. The wines are interesting and fairly priced.My only reservation is that it would have been nice to have some vegetable or salad with the main course. It may be traditional but liver and onions and polenta does look a bit dull on the plate without some greenery. But we will definitely return on our next visit to Venice!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

“Poor menu, atmosphere, value for money and service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

I've seen this described as the best non-fish restaurant in Venice by other reviews, but I have to say this is one of the worst restaurants I've been too for value, breadth of menu, atmosphere and slow service.

For two main meals, two deserts, bread and tap water the meal cost us 95€. The portions were small, the food not as described (e.g. Bacon wrapped steak - without bacon) and not even piping hot. The restaurant was cramped and we were sharing a table with other people and so it didn't feel romantic or even like we could speak freely.

I really wouldn't recommend this place and don't understand why it's got good reviews, I walked for 40 minutes to find this place as I'm allergic to fish so needed somewhere different to the standard Venetian cuisine but wow, what a let down.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Michael B
Chepstow, United Kingdom
“Good food and service but I didn't like the two dining times”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

The food and service were great, the atmosphere was good, it's a little cramped inside. The only downside is that I like to eat at about 8pm and the sittings were at 7pm & 9pm, when we booked we were told that the table was ours from 7 - 9, in fairness we didn't feel rushed but I prefer to decide when I eat. I'd say it is advisable to make a booking, especially at the weekend

Visited April 2014
Sydney
“Best meal of our trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

How lucky were we to chance upon this restaurant and find a free table. The atmosphere was warm and informal. The food was delicious: fresh and tasty. The pasta was great - served with meat or some vegetarian. The salads were really wonderful. I strongly recommend this restaurant. We thought the price was good compared with some others we visited while in Venice.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Bologna, Italy
“Cozy and friendly - meat dishes only”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

- Cozy atmosphere and friendly staff
- Good quality food
- Two turns: 19:00 and 21:00 (2h return time)
- Meat only
- Dishes are nicely presented, selection is quite limited but definitely different from average restaurants
- A bit pricey but that's Venice after all!