“Indiana Jones brought to life”
Review of Campo San Barnaba

Campo San Barnaba
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Secret Gardens of Venice Walking Tour
Ranked #63 of 810 things to do in Venice
Reviewed 27 November 2012

I had bee to Venice once before and did not get to see this. However, the second time around I made it my first destination.
I couldn't have been more happy to see a place from my childhood brought to life! I was a fanatic of the Indiana Jones movies and I must say it was like being a little kid again seeing the church and the sewer from the movie!

2  Thank Erica F
in 5 reviews
in 9 reviews
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 22 October 2012

Not the easiest place to find, but worth the hunt for my Indiana Jones loving husband. We only saw it from the outside, so I can't give more detailed review, other than it made my husband happy to see where a scene was shot for an IJ movie!

1  Thank TravelBuggy0308
Reviewed 15 October 2012

We stay round the corner at Hotel Pausania and after checking in come here for a beer and a think - where to eat to-night?. nice little bar, Ristotecca Oniga, Grom and other shops.

Reviewed 14 October 2012

Somewhere around the second or third day of my week in Venice, C. San Barnaba became “mine”. I went there every day, after walking and exploring Venice for five or six hours, for a rest and a bottle of water and a glass of Prosecco and to write in my journal until dinner. I also stopped there every morning for a cappuccino before setting out. The waitresses at the little café there knew me by the second day, and by the third didn’t even ask for my order, they just brought me my usual with a smile and a busy but pleasant buongiorno. It was perfect. It is out of the way and doesn’t get the multitude of tourists that other places in Venice get, and in the afternoon mothers bring their kids there to blow off some after-school steam. It was peaceful, pleasant, and a wonderful place to write. The gelateria (Grom) is good, and there are two very nice restaurants there, the Osteria Ristoteca Oniga in the campo itself, and the Ristorante Casin dei Nobili in the adjacent sotoportego. I recognized it as the location of Katherine Hepburn's splash from the movie “Summertime” but didn’t know about the Indiana Jones connection until I got home. I saw endless and unparalleled history and beauty every day in Venice, but the relaxed little Campo San Barnaba became one of my favorite places in the entire city.

6  Thank David S