“iQs Charming House”
Review of Charming House IQs

Charming House IQs
Ranked #8 of 384 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 27 April 2013

iQs Charming House is in a delightful location, the room was decorated in a nice contemporary style. Breakfast each day in the room was excellent, it included fresh fruit and Italian cheeses. Very helpful staff, a good local knowledge, nothing too much trouble. An extremely enjoyable few days.

Room Tip: The white room was light and spacious.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Charming House IQs

Reviewed 24 April 2013

We've just spent a magical week in Venice. We've been before, but the experience was never like this, thanks to Anna at Charming House. Perfect in every way. We would never look anywhere else to stay. Fantastic.

Mari VanTraa

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mvt239
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I was knew when I booked their was no room service but I had expected, as suggested, their would be a kitchen. I can only assume it was in the adjoining room of this 2 room suite which I felt I was sharing as I heard every conversation and toilet break. The reception was manned only on my arrival and good luck getting any help. The bed and stool height (there were no chairs) was about 60cms and each morning someone arrived to serve me breakfast in my room which I ate on either of 2 stools.It wasn't comfortable. It is at best an expensive B&B.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank YipYoo
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I booked via MrandMrsSmith.com enticed by the photos and rave reviews. It is expensive but it was a special occasion for my husband and I and our first visit to Venice. We were not told until we arrived that there is a 7% discount on price if you paid by cash, or that our room was in fact part of a two roomed suite. With the inter connecting door between the two bedrooms locked the second bedroom was booked by another couple. Obviously we did not know the other couple but felt like we did by the end of our three night stay as we were privvy to all of their conversations and shouting matches through the thin inter connecting door. Very disappointing and ruined what could have been a nice stay

Room Tip: If you are a couple make sure you are not booking a room in a 2 roomed suite!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JLondon24
Reviewed 20 March 2013

We booked an "apartment" at iQ's for the Venice part of our honeymoon and were totally in love with the place. The women who run the place were so friendly and caring about our stay that we felt like we were with family. They took the time to give us local recommendations for food and areas so we could get a better feel of authentic Venice. Every morning we had delicious breakfast treats brought to our room and felt as if we were real Venetians as we had our coffee on the window sill. Our window peered out onto the piazza at Campiello Querini Stampalia and tourists passing by would be enamored with the beautiful, but "non hotel like" exterior of what they thought was my house. Unbelievable place, made Venice feel like it was my first time again. I will be staying here again for sure.

Room Tip: They're all amazing, don't be picky.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
CharmingHouseiQs, Proprietario at Charming House IQs, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2013

Dear Guest,
I want to thank you for the nice review and I want to make you again the congratulations for your marriage.
I’m happy that we had the possibility to enjoy your stay in the romantic and authentically way.
We really hope to have you again in our Charming House iQs.
Best regards!
Chiara Bocchini

Reviewed 17 January 2013

This is not fair! The owners and the staff from IQs have made of this hotel such an incredible place to stay that we even missed some sightseeing in Venice just to stay in our outstanding room a little longer. Don't get confused. This is a H-O-M-E not a hotel. Venice is charming but this hotel is much more than this. Our congratulations to the staff and the owner, you made great a special occasion for us. We'll be back!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carme S
Reviewed 16 January 2013

Great location, comfortable (even in the June heat!) and spacious accomodations, helpful staff (great restaurant recommendations!), gondolas passing the window...quiet, easy, and pleasant. My wife and I had a wonderful Italian vacation enhanced by our stay at IQs. Thanks Anna and staff!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple