“Do not book! there is police case on it!!”
Review of Dimora Veneziana

Dimora Veneziana
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Venice
Dimora Veneziana
Ranked #360 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Dimora Veneziana has stolen 700 EUR.
They took the fool payment from the credit card instead of 40% of advance (in May). Than, in August, nobody answer any emails/ calls/ faxes and they did not give us the keys to the promised appartment (Surian).
I reported the case officialy to the police in Venice, and they have several reports on Dimora Veneziana already. Furthermore, the appartment (Surian) does not even belong to them. The office of Dimora Veneziana is permanently closed, we checked it several times, also before coming to Venice thrugh the help of a friend of mine.
SO DO NOT BOOK IT !!!!
IT IS A FRAUD !!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
7  Thank trickola

Reviewed 6 July 2011

First Dimora Veneziana (DV) double billed our credit card and VISA had to intervene to reverse the second charge. This should have been our wake up call, but we went ahead with the reservation. It only got worse. A week before leaving the US, we became concerned that DV might not honor our reservation for the particular apartment, Palazzetto Grimani, and might try and switch us to an inferior one upon arrival. When we e-mailed DV seeking confirmation that this would not happen, they ignored the e-mails. When we arrived in Venice, a woman who purported to be the boss of DV claimed that Palazzetto Grimani was unavailable after all. Instead she gave us a dumpy place in a different area of Venice, saying: "Take it or leave it.." With two small kids, at night, in a foreign city, we had to take it, or risk sleeping on the street. And yes, there were also many unreturned phone calls when we discovered our apartment had no hot water. We had to fix that problem ourselves. No wash cloths, no paper towels, dirty floors and tables, stains on the couch, a shower that produced no water. I could write a book on the subject. In sum, this seems like a classic "bait and switch" fraud scheme with some double-billing fraud and rudeness thrown in for good measure. This place should be put out of business, if not prosecuted.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
11  Thank Vandercoelen
Reviewed 23 May 2011

After we had a fairly enjoyable experience about two years ago, we decided to book again with Dimora, booking half a year before our intended stay.
The saga began, when Dimora charged our credit card twice for the stay, and nobody answered phones or responded to e-mails for several weeks. Once we reached somebody, the money was returned quickly and on prodding, we were offered an extra night.
Today, a week before our intended stay, with all the flights booked months ago for 4 adults and one child, they sent an e-mail, that due to unforeseen circumstances, the flat was no longer available, and the money would be returned. No alternative offer, no offer of compensation and not even a telephone number to call back in the email!
And that during a time, when bookings lists the nearest available hotel as 23 km from Venice ...
Absolute abysmal service. Do not book via this company!!!

Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal
Reviewed 2 May 2011

I have booked via Hostelworld, and instead of 10% they've billed to my credit cars 100% the whole sum, Then 10days before out booking time, drom Hostelworld cancelled out booking... I've tryed several times to reach Dimora Veneziana, via e-mail and phones and it was very hard.. till the last moment I believe that this is not real reservationa... until the moment we met the person at Vaporetto station to give us the key.. the show us the appartment and everything was finally OK. Appartment looks like 100% same as the pictures and the one that we've booked.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Radost_MM_
Reviewed 2 May 2011

Terrible experience! Double charge of the credit card. No phones respondings, no e-mails. A real false. BE CAREFULL!

Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank velinaandonova
Reviewed 12 April 2011

Unfortunately we didn't read Trip Advisor before booking with this company. We had a horrible experience, very similar to those who reviewed before us. We have stayed in beautiful apartments many times in Venice but not with Dimora Veneziana.
Our money was taken three days before we arrived in Venice and we received very cagey responses in reply to an e mail regarding where to collect the keys to the apartment.
On arrival in Venice we were met at a vaporetto stop by a person who apparently could not speak or understand any English, or the very small amount of Italian we spoke to him. He took us in entirely the wrong direction to the apartment and did not respond to our protests. On reaching the wrong apartment which was half an hour's walk in the wrong direction from the apartment we had booked and in a much less popular or convenient part of Venice, we found a horrible apartment where we did not want to unpack our belongings and certainly not cook. This apartment is nowhere to be seen on their website and is certainly nothing like any of their apartments advertised which we do not believe are actually available at all.
Like the other reviewers, we were promised that we would be transferred to the correct apartment the following day and were left abruptly. As others describe, we also had no response from either mobiles or landline numbers for the company and left numerous texts and messages.
We sat outside their offices and on the second occasion met another person who was also let down by the company. By chance we caught a representative of the company called Enrico as he entered the offices who assured us that we would be moved the following day. We were called just before the agreed removal time when we had arranged to meet with the luggage at the offices and told by telephone that we could no longer have the original apartment at all.
A friend who is fluent in Italian, emailed the company after failing to receive a response to his telephone messages and was eventually contacted. As a result we were told that we could have a full refund, but only late in the evening of our third day. We then had to find alternative accommodation in a hotel.
Each of the days we spent in Venice was taken up in some part in trying to solve this problem and both we, and our family at home spent a lot in time and money trying to contact and deal with these people.
We would advise anybody to avoid this company at all costs.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jack2101
Reviewed 23 March 2011

Firstly, I want to say that I'm only giving this place a rating of one because this system does not allow you to give zero.

I booked the "La Madoneta" apartment through Venere for a party of six friends travelling to Venice for a w'end stay.
Venere showed this as a five-bed, two-bathroom apt, with accomodation for 8 persons.

It all seemed to be going fine, until we met a rep who was to take us to the apt [who arrived nearly an hour late - that should have been our first clue!]. He brought us to a TINY two-bed one-bath flat and told us this was the place we booked when I told him that this wasn't the apt we were supposed to be in.

What followed was a two hour argument on the phone with another person [Christine was her name if memory serves] who told us that there was a water leak in a bathroom the La Madoneta apt and we either had to stay in this one or cancel our booking. Of course, we had no where else to stay, and thus very little choice.

We were offered a meagre 10% discount on the cost of our original booking which we refused. They offered 15% and dinner for the group - again we refused - why should we pay a mere 15% off the price of a 5-bed apt, which was still probably more than the total cost of this 2-bed apt, which, by the way, was intened for four people.

They had put two horrid, uncomfortable camp beds - one in each bedroom, in order to be able to squash the six of us in.

What made us suspicious was that we were refused access to be able to see the La Madoneta apt - as we thought that even if one bathroom was out of order, that we could survive on the other. They did not want us to come to their office to discuss it - in fact they would not even tell us where the office was. And despite my asking a number of times to speak to the owner/manager - he never once called me back.

We rang Venere to complain, and the La Madoneta folks told them we would be moved to the original apt the following day. This turned out to be a complete lie as the office did not contact us again for the remainder of our stay, despite saying that they would.

I could go on and on about how horribly we were treated, and how awful this experience was - but I will finish up on this:

When I got home, I checked with my credit card company and was told that the La Madonta had charged over €450 to my credit card THREE DAYS BEFORE we arrived.
despite the contract stating that “Your credit card will not be charged by Venere.com. Payment is to be made directly to the hotel at the end of your stay.“ It turns out they had ALSO charged nearly €200 a few weeks beforehand, which I hadn't seen at the time of travel.

I never agreed to this payment, I was not informed this payment would be taken from my card, and I was not issued with a receipt for this charge.
Venere had given my Visa details to the apt renters, and given the date of the charge, that would lead me to believe that they knew exactly what they were doing and had planned not to give us this apt all along.

I suggest avoiding these people AT ALL COSTS - both Dimora Veneziana AND Venere.

Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends