“Great location, friendly and helpful staff”
Review of Antico Panada

Antico Panada
Ranked #297 of 386 Hotels in Venice
“Great location, friendly and helpful staff”
Reviewed 23 July 2011

It was a challenge to find the hotel, but we arrived the staff were very helpful. Our room was small but adequate. Our breakfast was fine with the exception of the coffee. We had a coffee elsewhere. We enjoyed our drinks in their bar which was were served by a friendly barman.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Les101

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Location isn't just perfect because of the San Marco area, it's very convenient considering to airport- and railway station-traffic, as San Marco's water bus stop is very near. Hotel is quite a labyrinth, as it's in a very old building, lots of stairs and corridors. I had to use two separate elevators to get in my room, which was in fifth floor. But what a view I had! There were only two small windows, but I got straight view to St Mark's clock tower and statues of the roof of the Doge's palace. Room was clean and well maintained, I even got a jacuzzi. Wi-fi was working well and it was free of the charge. Breakfast was good average, all basics except warm dishes. I definitely choose this hotel again if I go back to Venice!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank lauv
Dublin
Reviewed 20 June 2011

The only good thing about this hotel is it's location (situated only a few meters from St. Mark's Square) however, dont let this make you stay there. The single room I stayed in was tiny and the bed (or should I say concete slab) was just about big enough for me (I'm only 5'6" so God help anyone who is tall or on the heavy -side). The hotel bar is awful and pricey although Venice is expensive anyway. During the day the lobby and waiting area, which are both tiny, are crammed with luggage which you have to negotiate passed to get to the lift which just about big enough for you and one case. I didnt find the staff in the slightest bit friendly. I had to charge my phone in the reception as the sockets in the room did not take the european adapter which I brought (it worked everywhere else I used it). The screen on my iphone is bigger than the 1970's TV screen in the room (slight exaggeration but you know what I mean). Asking the staff for directions was an ordeal in itself and also there are no tourist leaflets, information, maps etc in the reception which I would have thought was a must for any hotel. It pains me to even type about this hotel as I just want to forget I ever stayed there. I would rather have slept on a bench than spend another night there. Oh yeah, the mobile phone signal was non existent inside the hotel for the majority of my stay so I had to spend most of my time out of the hotel which suited me just fine. I had an early start when I was leaving and requested an alarm call which never came and I realised why when I got down to the reception as the guy behind the desk was fast asleep. Having said all of the above I do have to say that the hotel is spotless clean but thats all I can say for it.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Spandau8

Travellers are raving about these Venice hotels

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 12 June 2011

Hotel's jewel is its location; close to everything. The hotel was duing renovations which they greatly need to continue. Our room was adequate and bathroom well appointed. Downsides were the poor Wifi; we had to go to an internet cafe and pay for service after three days. The lobby seating area needs new furniture, but comfortable. The shower wall was moldy but it worked fine. I liked the front desk staff; they were friendly and humorous. The breakfast was the worst of our entire 2+week trip. Considered a continental breakfast only...yogurt, a couple of cerals, delicious corisants, oj and coffee. I guess there was a cheese and meat platter. Price was $300 a night for location - This hotel has loads of potential if they put some money back into it.

Room Tip: told the room were the same
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BabeRog
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 12 May 2011

We booked 2 rooms a double superior and a single classic. We came to Venice with the view that we would spend very little time in the hotel so our priority was location and value for money.The use of internet rates were reasonable, very important if travelling with teenagers! The rooms although small were soundproof and clean with good bathrooms. The breakfast was OK. This hotel met our expectations. If in Venice again with children I would consider staying here again. If without children would upgrade to 4 or 5 star hotel and of course pay the extra amount.

Room Tip: Go superior rather than classic!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Possum007
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2011

Booked 2 standard twin rooms, they were minute, 1 foot of space between them and walls. Televisions were portable size boxes, shower rooms cubicles, room temp was 30 degrees according to thermostat and air conditioning/heating unit did not appear to work and when we opened windows we wished we hadn't as the stink was indescribable. Went to ask reception to turn on the air conditioning, this was not possible as it was only April and air conditioning can not be turned on until June. I asked to speak to the Manager who was not available, reception telephoned him, when he turned up he took a telephone call whilst I waited for 10 minutes. I told him that the rooms were unacceptable and either he gave me a refund or moved us to more acceptable rooms. After much haggling we were moved to 2 twin rooms at the very top of the hotel, which were supposedly Superior rooms. Well beware if you have booked one of these, the travelling time from reception to room is approx 10 mins and involves 2 lifts, 4 flights of stairs, 3 security doors (key card required) a visit to another hotel and numerous corridors. Getting lost is a distinct possibility! Whilst these rooms were slightly more spacious, slightly cooler, had slightly bigger TV's and didn't smell when you opened the windows, you were likely to bang your head on the beams. The single pillow was like a rock, there were no towels or loo roll and the rooms came with an added bonus of 2 sets of bells (the clock tower and the Bell Tower) chiming on the hour every hour but approx 5 mins apart, so you could get the full effect of each toll and ensure that you had an extremely bad nights sleep. Having said this, the bells could be a problem in any hotel located close to St. Mark's Square?

So after a delightful nights sleep we were looking forward to a fortifying breakfast, alas this was not to be. We had to wait to get a table and then were treated to an overstewed cup of coffee, fake orange juice, one small croissant each and the toaster that warmed the bread and had to go round 3 times before it resembled toast.

Thank goodness we were only staying one night, we couldn't leave the place fast enough.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Luly44
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 11 April 2011

I stayed at the hotel at the beginning of april and have the following comments:
- Nice location some 100 meters from San Marco square
- When I arrived the room temperature was about 26 degrees. As it was out of season they would not start the aircondition. Opening the windows did'nt help much either. You could'nt sleep with them open anyway because of outdoor noise.
- Room was quite tiny - but otherwise ok
- Breakfeast - nice personell - ok food.
All in all a big minus because of the temperature, otherwise an ok hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business