Antico Panada
Official Hotel Site
US$450
US$311
  • Room Service
Hotel Monaco & Grand Canal(Venice)
US$1,191
US$1,094
  • Restaurant
Ai Mori d'Oriente Hotel(Venice)(Great Value!)
US$426
US$365
Official Hotel Site
US$950
US$646
1,392 results
All reviewsst marks squareexcellent locationpiazza san marcochurch bellscold meatsvenetian stylevisit veniceyogurtwater busjacuzzibasilicacheesealleyway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 June 2013

This hotel is less than 50m from San Marco square (behind the cathedral). Perfect situated to discover Venice. Decent hotel, nice staff, rooms big enough, looks like you would expect in Venice. 1 minor, the breakfast, limited choices.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Could not get a better location, one minute from St.Marks Square. Rooms could need with a facelift, wallpaper was peeling off however the bathroom was a very nice and clean. We found the staff to be not so friendly they gave me the feeling they really did not want to be there, on a few occasions we noticed there was a bit of arguing going on between them. We were sharing the lift with another couple who even commented that they all seem to be cranky, it reminded me a bit like Faulty Towers. Breakfast, no comment. I think the best thing this hotel has going for it is the location. Probably would look elsewhere is the same location for another hotel when I go back.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2013

When a hotel has a great location in Venice yet is below average in price you can't go in expecting luxury and the location, right by the Piazza San Marco, is great.

My room was small with a single bed but I expected that. I did not expect the stained and peeling wallpaper, no view, and mosquitos. I killed three and thought I got them all but found two more the next morning so naturally I had two big mosquito bites as a souvenir of my night there. It was then that I realized that some of the stains on the walls were the remnants of squished mosquitos killed by previous tenants.

Shower was decent with plentiful hot water. A/C was okay, not as powerful as ones in the Middle East but it kept things cool and wasn't too noisy.

Breakfast was continental and okay but not great. However the ladies working the breakfast room were quick and efficient.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Qatarskeptic
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The location is perfect -- halfway between the Rialto and St. Mark's Square. The lobby is welcoming and the staff is cheerful. Ask to see the room that they assign you, as some rooms are not as nice as others for the same price. I stayed here twice. The second time I stayed, they gave me a room on the 3rd floor that adjoined the pizza restaurant next door. I saw cigarette butts on the flat roof next to my room and realized that the workers from the Pizza restaurant come outside to smoke right next to my room. I didn't feel comfortable sleeping with my window open because it seemed like they could easily access my room, if they wanted to. I requested a different room immediately! The Internet connection doesn't work in the hotel, despite the advertised "free Interent." I paid $155 for a single room in 2012 and the same room is now nearly $300 for the same period in July. Another note of caution: The bathroom has a heated towel bar, but it is extremely HOT if you back into it on accident, so keep it covered with a thick towel. Generally, if you get a good room for $155/night (single) this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a key to go up and see the room before you check in with your luggage.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank triptravel2597
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The location could hardly be better, and the room was nice and big enough for me.
To get to the room was still a struggle, the hotel being like a labyrinth with hidden doors. Even after a couple of nights I still managed to get lost. But as a healthy guy I didn't mind the ten minute climb up through various stairs from the reception to the room. No wonder the wifi didn't work there though.
To add to this the place had a whole bunch of bizarre own rules that made my stay even more of a parody. First of all the guests themselves weren't allowed to adjust the temperature in the rooms, everything was done at the reception. I had my room on the top floor where it apparently tends to get very hot and even though I complained it was constantly over 30 degrees Celsius in my room, and this was in March, with the windows constantly wide open. Same thing with the tv, the guests had no access to the proper remote control meaning that my tv was set in an extra-double-zoom-mode all the time, making it impossible to watch sporting events. The maintenance guys that had the real remote never appeared to fix this, even though I asked. The staff was also more or less unfriendly all the time, culminating during the checkout when I kindly informed them I wouldn't be needing a receipt. "THAT'S NOT UP TO YOU. NO ONE WALKS OUT OF HERE WITHOUT A RECEIPT. THOSE ARE THE RULES!" shouted the man angrily, a very fitting end to a farcical stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo