“A "superior" stay?”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Antico Panada

Antico Panada
Ranked #296 of 386 Hotels in Venice

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

I can actually not believe that I have not written this review before, but I only realised it tonight as I was looking for the name of the hotel for somebody who is going to Venice.

We stayed at the Hotel Antico Panada in April 2011. It was absolutely fabulous. The rooms were a tad small but not too small. Our bathroom was nice and spacious.

The most important thing that I remember about this hotel is the location!!!! it is fab, fab, fab...!!!!! Imagine staying 20m from the most important square in Venice!!!! Glorious.

Even if you do not like the breakfast, size of the room, etc. I'd say it is still worth it, because of the location.

Room Tip: you may want to ask for a room that does not look into the middle of the building. there is no cour...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Adelaide, South Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

This is the 3rd but last time we stay here. The room we were staying while it looked like it had been recently renovated was in the Bronx. We were helped to the room on the 3rd floor, but had to get off at the 2nd floor - we walked down stairs, along passages, upstairs and along passages, then up a creaking wooden staircase to our tiny rooms in the attic. We were with friends who actually got lost finding there way back to the room. I thought we'd be in a quieter part of the hotel in that we wouldn't hear the bells in St Marks Square - wrong - there was a nightclub next door that we might as well been at. The WiFi was useless in the room we were in. At breakfast the staff were run off their feet trying to cater for everyone in a small dining room - it appeared the hotel was expanding it's rooms but not the facilities to deal with the influx - and some of the guests need a lesson in manners and patience - they weren't the only ones in the hotel or dining room. Most of the staff are still the same from previous visits which pleased us when we got there but their patience was tested by the continual overflow of guests coming and going. Seldom did we see the lobby free from an overgrowth of suitcases.
This small hotel is simply unable to deal with what appears to be an increase in clientele or we were there at the wrong time of year - much of a muchness really.
Checking out was a nightmare - trying to traverse a route with our bags when there simply wasn't a lift within coo-ee but plenty of stairs.
I wouldn't go back - shame really coz we have raved about it and recommended it - perhaps that's the problem.
Staff still friendly, breakfast still ample, rooms getting smaller, noisier and further away - if you haven't an appetite for breakfast before you get there you'll have one by the time you do.

Room Tip: The place is a rabbit warren, there is no rhyme or reason as where rooms are - you virtually have to...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Venice hotels

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

The location of this hotel is fantastic but the beds are like surfboards and pillows are bricks. When we asked for new pillows the staff member simply said no and walked to the back of reception, dismissing our request. The rooms are shabby with wall paper falling off the walls and there is only one PowerPoint. I would love to recommend this hotel but I think there better out there with the same price range and same location.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Antwerp, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

This hotel is less than 50m from San Marco square (behind the cathedral). Perfect situated to discover Venice. Decent hotel, nice staff, rooms big enough, looks like you would expect in Venice. 1 minor, the breakfast, limited choices.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

Could not get a better location, one minute from St.Marks Square. Rooms could need with a facelift, wallpaper was peeling off however the bathroom was a very nice and clean. We found the staff to be not so friendly they gave me the feeling they really did not want to be there, on a few occasions we noticed there was a bit of arguing going on between them. We were sharing the lift with another couple who even commented that they all seem to be cranky, it reminded me a bit like Faulty Towers. Breakfast, no comment. I think the best thing this hotel has going for it is the location. Probably would look elsewhere is the same location for another hotel when I go back.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Doha
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

When a hotel has a great location in Venice yet is below average in price you can't go in expecting luxury and the location, right by the Piazza San Marco, is great.

My room was small with a single bed but I expected that. I did not expect the stained and peeling wallpaper, no view, and mosquitos. I killed three and thought I got them all but found two more the next morning so naturally I had two big mosquito bites as a souvenir of my night there. It was then that I realized that some of the stains on the walls were the remnants of squished mosquitos killed by previous tenants.

Shower was decent with plentiful hot water. A/C was okay, not as powerful as ones in the Middle East but it kept things cool and wasn't too noisy.

Breakfast was continental and okay but not great. However the ladies working the breakfast room were quick and efficient.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo