“location, location, location”
Review of Antico Panada

Antico Panada
Ranked #317 of 387 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Panada comes up trumps on 'LOCATION'
it is bang on if you want to be close to the
epicenter of Venice. This hotel is the 'Stonesthrow'
from St Mark's Square etc etc etc
Room tight, small and comfortable, good bed so good
snooze. Breakfast a bun-fight plenty of sharp elbows
to avoid but, staff very helpful. The charge for internet
use of 3.50E did not impress me. The hotel bar was only
good for a nightcap, that said, still good deal for the money.

Room Tip: You get what you pay for in Venice, upgrades are available at a price ! but if one is out and abou...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,329)

Reviewed 6 May 2014

The shutters of the windows seemed had come down at any moment, the wallpaper was peeling off at various points from the wall, the TV received only a few channels.To better keep the room would have sufficed a few small maintenance plus, breakfast, given the prices, had to be much better.
In return, the cleanliness was good and the bathroom was nice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I had a reservation at the Venice Italy B.W. Montecarlo. (Rated by Tripadvisor 107 When I arrived, I was told my room was not ready. The front desk person told me their sister property Hotel Antico Panada (Tripadvisor rated # 266) just across the street had a room immediately available. It was NOT a Best Western property. He assured me that the room quality and condition was the same at both properties.

So beware...if you like a room with 1950's era carpeting, wallpaper falling off the walls, ONE electrical outlet, lumpy bed, located on level two with a walk-up one additional floor of steps that were about 2 feet wide, tasteless breakfast, front desk person who was always on the phone, total lack of customer service, somewhat dirty and a slight smell...pick the Best Western Montecarlo OR the Panada. I was told they were exactly comparable.

Room Tip: See the room before you book it. Stay someplace else.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The hotel is just around the corner from St. Mark's Square, but you wouldn't really know it. Minimal traffic noise means you'll have a nice restful sleep. Bathroom accommodations in my room were very nice considering the small size.

Some people may have issues with the fact it's in two different buildings. Also, the wifi is almost guaranteed not to work in your room though it does work in the lobby. Beware also of mosquitos, which are not exclusive to this hotel but are just a pest in general in Venice. If you're like me though and the hotel's only going to be used for sleep, it works.

Room Tip: Try to get one away from the elevator. It can get noisy with people leaving.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jen B
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My now fiancé took me here last year to propose to me and i must say this was a lovely place to stay. The rooms were clean, as were the bathrooms (although slightly small), and the reception were very helpful with guiding us on the main sites to visit during our stay. Breakfast was a little disappointing as there was only really cereal and toast and yoghurt but i would still recommend this hotel to anyone. The location is fabulous and literally a 1 minute walk into St Marks Square which is buzzing both day and night! The hotel had a very authentic venetian feel to it and there was always space in the lobby area to make use of wifi. I think the only downside was how far the reception was from the room we stayed in as we had to get two lifts and a few flights of stairs so maybe something to bear in mind.

Room Tip: Maybe request a room closer to the reception area which will make going to and from your hotel room...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Sadly this Hotel was way under par and not at all what I expected for a 3* venue, albeit in central Venice. I was staying in the city for a few nights with a friend and we opted for this hotel near San Marco. The rooms we were given were in an annexe just around the corner but with no lifts up to the room (ours on a steep staircase on the third floor). My room was very stuffy and with no air conditioning (apparently the hotel was just having this replaced; I moved to a different room the following night but the air conditioning there - which purportedly was working - had minimal effect on the quality of the stuffy heat in the room - worsened by being located under the eaves). The first room also had mosquitoes in it (I'm still putting cream onto the bites from the first night). After arriving I went to ask the receptionist where breakfast took place (it hadn't been clarified when we first arrived) and instead of answering in person he simply continued with his paper work and gestured in the general direction of the breakfast room. When he realised that I was unimpressed by his rude attitude - and the state of the room I'd been allotted - he became friendlier but his initial response speaks volumes about the place. Other staff were less curt. The breakfast (sickly sweet jam-filled croissants and machine-made coffee) was barely adequate.

Room Tip: Check whether the air-con is functioning properly before booking.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 April 2014

The first room we got in this hotel was dreadful. No air - we could not breathe. We had to open the windows and were invaded by mosquitoes. We were all badly bitten. I got bad bites on my face. The next day we were moved to another room which was really nice and the air-conditioning worked really well. The room was nicely decorated and the bathroom was a good size. (It is such a pity not all the rooms were of this standard). The hotel staff were really nice and very helpful. Any complaint we had was dealt with quickly. It was in a great location near St. Marks's Square. There was so much to do near the hotel. The breakfast was adequate and there was a nice little bar and lounge to sit in.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with modern air-conditioning. The first room we stayed in had not got prop...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends