“Great hotel, great staff the perfect room”
Review of Antico Panada

Antico Panada
Ranked #307 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 29 November 2010

We stay at the hotel on November 5 to the 7, it was a little hard to find but we ask and people directed us to the place. When we got there they took us across the street telling us we where staying on the newer side i was nervous because when the open the door of the hall way it was old so we climb the stairs to our suprise a really nice room was waiting for us. The breakfast was really good and the staff was really nice to us I will stay there again. we had a triple room was very big my 19 year old had her room and we had our room it was great.
I love venice and the panada hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank hedgehog313
There are newer reviews for Antico Panada

Reviewed 18 October 2010

I took my Mum for a mothers day surprise, it was one of the best rooms i've ever stayed in. The booking was a last minute deal and we had one of the largest rooms, whirlpool bath etc, but just paid a normal fee, but later found out the room was a superiour room. So it was well worth the money. I was so impressed i'm taking my Mum back again next March, to the same hotel. ( My Mum had visited Venice with my Dad on their honeymoon, so Mum likes Venice a lot). The hotel is so close to St Marks Square, you can hear the clock strike 7.00am so no need for an alarm. The hotel staff are more helpful in low season, so they treated Mum like royalty. I friendly, clean, perfect location, ideal holiday hotel, I can reccomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank RED059
Reviewed 14 October 2010

This hotel is in a terrific location, steps from San Marco Square. My room was rather small, but that's to be expected. The bathroom was immaculately clean, and appeared newly refurbished. They have a very decent breakfast. The staff are exceptionally good on giving walking directions. This was not my first trip to Venice, so I wanted to explore more out-of-the-way places, and their directions were fantastic. A tip for shopping in Venice: beware, as some of the trinkets posturing as Murano glass may actually be made in China.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2010

We arrived in Venice after a horrific 19 hour train ride [which should have only taken 12!]. When we checked in, we were lucky enough to encounter "Alex" at front reception. He spoke great english and could not be more helpful and understood the horrific journey we had just had and did his best to be accommodating. Great advice on food, where to go in Venice and what to do. We took him up on all his suggestions and could not be more pleased. Breakfast and staff at breakfast were exceptional. Amongst the be coffee and Cornetto's I've ever had! Location was superb. I travel a bit for both work and pleasure, so it was great to see that quality service does still exist out there. A big thank you to Alex as he definitely made the stay go much smoother for our 7 nights in Venice.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2010

While the room was very small and remote (we think it was actually in another hotel), it WAS air-conditioned, a step above our previous Venice hotel. Since we had to check out early to catch a 6 am water taxi, the staff prepared a wonderful take-out breakfast which we really appreciated and enjoyed.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2010

The hotel rooms at Antica Panada are old Italian style. You feel in Italy in them. They are warm, in temperature and décor. Considering we arrived at the hotel at midnight, in January, and after a long walk in snow (yes, a rare occurrence but true indeed!) our rooms were a lovely welcome. The hotel is just behind Piazza San Marco. We actually could see the bells of the Basilica full of snow from our room. We walked our way to Piazza San Marco from Piazzale Roma were all coaches stop and it took us about 45 minutes, maybe a bit more until you get orientated. I would suggest a water taxi to Piazza San Marco area if you have something more than a small hand luggage. Beware, Venice is full of bridges with steps so it might not be very easy with a large, maybe heavy, luggage.

Breakfast was ok. Continental breakfast in a small breakfast room. No coffee making facilities. All three rooms used by our family had Jacuzzi and all were supplied with bath not showers. Staff was Ok. We were a bit hungry at our arrival but the restaurants were all closed. We were offered a cappuccino, which isn’t much, but at least we the receptionist offered us the least he could. The hotel is extended onto another building. This means lots of steps, corridors and doors to walk through. I would have probably got lost walking from reception to our room even on our third day. Our room was at the other extreme point of the other part. There was also a common area for our hotel, another one star hotel and possibly some residences. It is all rather safe however as doors to both parts of the hotel are open through the room cards and are usually kept closed. However, the ‘best’ part of the ‘trip’ to get to our room were the VERY STEEP stairs just outside our rooms (have a look at the photos), which seemed a bit too much at the end of it all.

A small point, we noted a very large crack in one of the walls, which makes you think that if there were to be an earthquake the building would crumble down within seconds. But I do not think it is a point for not staying there as the vast majority of buildings in Italy is in that state unfortunately.

I consider our stay well priced, comfortable and very central. Would only ask for a room in the reception and breakfast room part would I have to stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2010

If you expect at least a minimum stand of customer service, do not stay in this hotel...

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple