“Great Location and Nice Staff”
Review of Antico Panada

Antico Panada
Ranked #307 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed 19 January 2011

Three sisters, 2 teens and 1 - 10 year old. One night...Two rooms in an alcove on the 2nd floor. Perfect for all of us! Hotel was small, nice and cozy. Very small elevators though. One room had a distinctive odor that we just couldn't pinpoint the smell. We opened the windows and looked onto the narrow Venice street. It was very cool to hear and see the people below. Faucet in one of the bathrooms dripped and when we reported it, they were not concerned enough to fix it. Location was so close to St Mark's Sq, which made the hotel even better. The staff was exceptional! They recommended the restaurant next door for dinner, which we found out was owned by the hotel. It was way overpriced and the food was lousy. The waiter was unclean looking too. They charged a 15% service fee and a table fee which came to 1/3 of the cost of our meal. Woud not recommend this restaurant.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 December 2010

The hotel is exactly 4 minutes from St. Mark's Square. You go under the Clock Tower in St. Mark's Square, take your first right and then your second left. The hotel is on the left across from the Best Western. I tried to do breakfast between 7 am and 8 am. It was less crowded. I went close to 9 am one morning and had to wait in line for a table. The breakfast is standard European continental fair, which I love. I had prosciutto, mortadella, salami and cheese on rolls every morning. The coffee was very good. I stayed here for 7 nights and really got to know the surrounding area. I am a 50 year old female solo traveler and never once felt unsafe any where in Venice, even late at night.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel
1  Thank Cindy111189
Reviewed 29 November 2010

We stay at the hotel on November 5 to the 7, it was a little hard to find but we ask and people directed us to the place. When we got there they took us across the street telling us we where staying on the newer side i was nervous because when the open the door of the hall way it was old so we climb the stairs to our suprise a really nice room was waiting for us. The breakfast was really good and the staff was really nice to us I will stay there again. we had a triple room was very big my 19 year old had her room and we had our room it was great.
I love venice and the panada hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank hedgehog313
Reviewed 18 October 2010

I took my Mum for a mothers day surprise, it was one of the best rooms i've ever stayed in. The booking was a last minute deal and we had one of the largest rooms, whirlpool bath etc, but just paid a normal fee, but later found out the room was a superiour room. So it was well worth the money. I was so impressed i'm taking my Mum back again next March, to the same hotel. ( My Mum had visited Venice with my Dad on their honeymoon, so Mum likes Venice a lot). The hotel is so close to St Marks Square, you can hear the clock strike 7.00am so no need for an alarm. The hotel staff are more helpful in low season, so they treated Mum like royalty. I friendly, clean, perfect location, ideal holiday hotel, I can reccomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank RED059
Reviewed 14 October 2010

This hotel is in a terrific location, steps from San Marco Square. My room was rather small, but that's to be expected. The bathroom was immaculately clean, and appeared newly refurbished. They have a very decent breakfast. The staff are exceptionally good on giving walking directions. This was not my first trip to Venice, so I wanted to explore more out-of-the-way places, and their directions were fantastic. A tip for shopping in Venice: beware, as some of the trinkets posturing as Murano glass may actually be made in China.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2010

We arrived in Venice after a horrific 19 hour train ride [which should have only taken 12!]. When we checked in, we were lucky enough to encounter "Alex" at front reception. He spoke great english and could not be more helpful and understood the horrific journey we had just had and did his best to be accommodating. Great advice on food, where to go in Venice and what to do. We took him up on all his suggestions and could not be more pleased. Breakfast and staff at breakfast were exceptional. Amongst the be coffee and Cornetto's I've ever had! Location was superb. I travel a bit for both work and pleasure, so it was great to see that quality service does still exist out there. A big thank you to Alex as he definitely made the stay go much smoother for our 7 nights in Venice.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2010

While the room was very small and remote (we think it was actually in another hotel), it WAS air-conditioned, a step above our previous Venice hotel. Since we had to check out early to catch a 6 am water taxi, the staff prepared a wonderful take-out breakfast which we really appreciated and enjoyed.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple