“A real Gem in a quiet part of town”

Ristorante Antica Sacrestia
Ranked #98 of 1,426 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Castello
Oirschot, The Netherlands
“A real Gem in a quiet part of town”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We accidentally walked by this restaurant that's located in a quiet area but still within 5 minutes walk from Piazza San Marco. We were seated on the secluded outside terrace. The owner himself welcomed and seated us. Within seconds we got offered a complimentary welcome drink. The rest of the staff was very friendly and forthcoming (my napkin accidentally fell on the floor. Before I could pick it up, one of the waiters handed me a brand new napkin) offering suggestions and making us feel very welcome. The atmosphere was great and the food was delicious.

Visited July 2014

• Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Victoria
“Wonderful service, delicious food”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Our apartment overlooked the restaurant, which looked interesting so we decided to try it. The owner himself seated us and took our order, offering suggestions and making us feel very welcome. The other servers were all polite and friendly, the food was delicious and the whole experience made us decide to return once again before leaving Venice. Two lovely evenings, to be long remembered!

• Visited June 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“I never give 5 stars...this deserves it”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Rick Steves recommends this place and I see why. AMAZING food, not touristy, fresh pasta and seafood. Order the chefs set menu for fish.. A little pricey at 55€ but worth every penny. The oysters with 4 cheeses including Roquefort was incredible. Shrimp were sweet and fresh, crab pasta was incredible and portions were generous. Service was very attentive yet not overly so. This 2 hour lunch in a beautiful garden was a highlight of our trip to Venice. We were the only english speaking patrons there. The menu has english translation as well if needed. I can't recommend this place enough. I dislike crowds and the heavy tourism of Venice...this was a welcome respite. Go, enjoy and take in a taste of Italy at Antica Sacresta.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Rich D
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
“Real Italian food”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Ok ! The most annoying thing about Italy in my opinion is the huge number of tourists from all over the world all year long ,that brought the quality of food and restaurants in the tourist areas to go down and to be more commercial .
But Antica Sacrestia is not in a tourist area at all , actually I stumbled on it by coincidence in a very narrow passage away from all the usual noisy attractions , the first thing that garbed my attention was the beautiful authentic outdoor garden and the beautiful interior , that made me come back for dinner.
We where welcomed by the owner , and he made sure that he take our order personally.
The food quality was substantial with real fresh ingredients that the owner brought in daily and personally , and the cooking was real old fashion Italian touch , real Italian food.
I've been to Italy more than once , and always try to find originality and this is what I respect and look for.
I can say that this was the best restaurant in my 14 days in Italy , and I would defiantly recommend it for my friends .

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Faiz1976
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Restaurant”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We visited Venice on two separate occasions and immediately realised that It's a tourist trap filled with over-priced food of average to bad quality.

If you're in Venice and want a good meal, there are a few quaint restaurants away from the big tourist areas which offer a quiet escape with far superior food and service.

This restaurant was such a welcome change of pace from the rest of Venice and their outside courtyard area is beautiful. The food was very good, not amazing but better than most and the price wasn't too bad, at least better than the St. Marks Square type stuff.

1 Thank TaylorMadeBombs