“Lovely food but awful service !”
Review of Roma

Roma
Ranked #1,209 of 1,425 Restaurants in Venice
Good for: View
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Cannaregio
Bridport, United Kingdom
“Lovely food but awful service !”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We made the mistake of having dinner at this location, prior to catching a train to Verona.

The location was superb, so we ordered two courses. The starter duly arrived and it was a delicious prawn dish. I noted our waiter sitting at a table eating his dinner accompanied by a chef in his"whites" !? After about 30 min our main course still had not arrived. I asked another waiter what was going on. I was told a mistake had been made, and the food would arrive in ten minutes, the waiter and chef continued to consume their dinner. Eventually our waiter got up and broght the WRONG pizza and my partners pork dish, minus salad and chips. These two items arrived ten minutes later. When I confronted the waiter about this fiasco, he said HE AGREED with me and it wasn't his fault as it had been his deignated break time.
I told him we wanted money off so we left having NOT paid for the pizza and service charge.

The ONLY saving grace was that the food and ambience were superb !

BEST YOU AVOID THIS RESTAURANT !

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
“Do not eat at this restaurant.”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My husband and I made the mistake of eating at this restaurant and then the even bigger mistake of having the sea bass and snapper "recommended" by the waiter. I have never been charged such a ridiculous amount for such average fish (€7/100g). The waiter claimed it was expensive fish but am sure they didn't pay so much at the fish market. It was one very over priced and blamed poorly presented meal. PLEASE DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE WE DID AND EAT THERE.

kent
“Lovely location”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We were having a walk around Venice and had just crossed the Ferrovia bridge and fancied a nice refreshing cold drink. We saw this place and sat outside for a drink. We had a spritz which was ok but not the best we have tasted and it was fairly expensive at 5 euros for a small wine glass. I don't think we would visit this place again.

Oslo, Norway
“Very bad service”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I simply and politely asked if it was possible to use the toilet and was met by a rude and grumpy waiter/owner/employee that told me "No, I was no guest and I should rather go to the bar on the opposite side and take a coffee and use the toilet there."
He definately ruled out any possibility of getting us as customers and I would like to share this kind of bad behavior/service to all who is visiting Venice :) please pick another restaurant :)

“Do not eat here.”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I ate here a year ago and the food was okay. This time, the food was barely edible. You can do better nearly anywhere else. The waiter asked where we were from, which is the US. Upon settling the bill, the credit card receipt was handed to me. In big letters, it indicated the USD value and only had EUR in small letters. I asked the waiter if it was indeed charged in EUR, which he confirmed that it was. When I checked my statement, it was NOT. I'm sorry, but I have no desire to pay you/your bank a 3% markup on a transaction for which I should not have a markup as my card does not charge me foreign transaction fees. I'm just glad my card does not charge foreign transaction fees or it would have been another 3% on top of that as the fee is based on location, not currency. Do not eat here.

• Visited April 2014