“Good pizza, nice atmosphere”
Review of Sottoprova

Sottoprova
Ranked #629 of 1,448 Restaurants in Venice
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Castello
Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Good pizza, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We are traveling on a budget and have found pizza a cheap dinner option in expensive Venice. Our pizza here was tasty and the service great. Beware that, unlike many restaurants, they do add 12 percent gratuity.

• Visited July 2013

• Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
Mojacar, Spain
“Buonissimo.”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Fabulous trattoria in Via Garibaldi, full of local Italians (always a good sign).
Scoglio to die for, only restaurant we visited that did this dish, spaghetti, fresh tomatoes, prawns, mussels and clams. Food of the gods.
Staff friendly and helpful. Try and enjoy.

Hove, United Kingdom
“Very bad”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Hostility towards Americans and Westerners.
Starter course of sardines was off, and they insistted that I pay for it,
we paid in full and attempted to leave in discust, assulted by waiter, owner and cooks.
rescued by Italian police. need I say more?

• Visited April 2013
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Accidental tourist”
Reviewed 6 May 2013

This was the best laugh I have had in ages. We arrived here accidentally having been refused elsewhere and we were desperate. It was getting late and I was really hungry. The menu is in Russian and Italian, the area appears to be in the red light district of Venice so there was a lot of impromptu street entertainment.
Anyway the food is super, service terrific and wine is good. I did not even mind the added on service charge of 12 per cent. Seems a bit steep but the service was good. I recommend the seafood. I had a garnish of prawns which were possibly the best I have ever had.

Aberdeen, Scotland
“Not bad at all”
Reviewed 6 May 2013

The meal started with stale bread, but my very low expectations soon proved to be unfounded. Both of our starters- octopus and sardines- were very tasty, and our fish courses were excellent. The service was efficient and friendly. Either we were lucky or previous reviewers have been unfortunate.