“Make a family memory here!”
Review of Al Chianti

Al Chianti
Ranked #114 of 1,426 Restaurants in Venice
Price range: US$26 - US$46
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: San Marco
Atlanta, Georgia
“Make a family memory here!”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We chose to eat here based on the trip advisor reviews, how far we had to walk (since we had been walking all day) and proximity to our location. this was one of our favorite restaurants on our 10 day trip to Italy! My teen age kids still talk about it. What made it great was our server, Alberto, and our food! Alberto noticed we had directions written down about how to get to the restaurant so he knew we purposely sought it out. He also saw I had 3 hungry teen boys with me so he made sure they were taken care of with bread to start.

My husband ordered the Lasagna and said it was the best he ever had! I am Italian and I thought I made the best he ever had but I have to admit, there's was VERY good. Noodles weren't too thick and lots of flavor. My oldest son had the cuddle fish pasta and loved it. All of our meals were good. Combine the good food with great prices (especially just off St. Mark's) and then add the excellent customer service you have a great find! We ended with shots of lemoncello and grappa and you have had a perfect Italian dinner! As a flight attendant, I look for good service, value and quality of food, I will recommend this place to my passengers for years to come and will continue to eat there when I am on Venice layovers. Thanks to Alberto and all the restaurant staff for making this meal so fun and a wonderful memory for my family!

• Visited June 2014

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Little hidden treasure! My favourite in venice!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Very small locally ran restaurant which is closed on sundays!! The food and the service is excellent!! Try the ham and melon (freshly cut ham!!! Amazing) and the lasagna is pretty good!! Not to mention the aperol spritz and the dessert (the chocolate one)!! U can take the ham for take away (i always do that). We keep going back to this place! If u want to be sure call and make a reservation! Its just a street behid san marco square and its not a rip off!! Dont tell anyone!! Its always full!!

Vitre, France
“Best Spaghetti Carbonara in Venice!!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We go to this restaurant every time we're in Venice. Al Chianti is very close to St. Mark's Sqaure. It's family-owned and they really care about the quality of their ingredients, the taste of their food and the quality of the table service. They are very friendly without being "in your face". They seem to always get that balance right. We sat outside this time (late May), last time we were warm and cosy inside (February) for one meal and for another, they graciously packed up two pasta carbonaras "to go" for my husband because I had fallen ill.

The wine list is great, the four-cheese gnocchi and spaghetti Carbonara are exemplary.

We made reservations. I believe there would be times when this would not be necessary and times when it definitely would be. Better safe than sorry.

1 Thank andalusion1877
Plymouth, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Wonderful Venetian Cafe”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

A delight family owned café with dining indoors or out. Located just outside of St Marks Square. Our waiter Alberto gave us fabulous service with a sense of humor. Freshest flavor filled seafood (The shrimp really tasted like shrimp), delicious pasta dishes and fabulous wine. We enjoyed it so much we ate there twice. We met two lovely couples while we were there that also went back a second time.

London, United Kingdom
“Sorry, but overrated on Tripadvisor. 2.5 stars rounded up”
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Disappointing. With so many good reviews here, we had high hopes. Dashed. Wife had set menu, spaghetti Bolognese - passable, in the 3 star category. Pork with "fried potatoes" - the latter was French fries, and I strongly suspect frozen store bought. Really a bit surprising. Pizza was swimming in grease, doughy crust and just not that flavorful. Tiramisu was below average, pretty sure cream was from a can. Service was basic. Interior is tight. This is on a strip of tourist trap restaurants; based on the reviews I had thought this would be an exception, but saw no evidence of such. Would definitely pass.

Visited May 2014