“I would like to say "no comment" but please see the comments below!”

Trattoria Bar Pontini
Ranked #43 of 1,611 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Cannaregio
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

You should've been there on that night but pretty sure it is like that every time they are opened. If you don't go there on your trip to Venice you'll regret for the rest of your life. Next time in Pontini, I'll make sure I speak proper italian so I can understand the banter.
Atmosphere: 10/10
Food: 10/10
Service: 10/10
That home made tiramisu (BOOM!!!): +10/+10
Please book over the phone (one of the staff might speak english) and don't be like us who waited nearly an hour outside (we don't regret the wait!))

Write a ReviewReviews (2,842)

Reviewed 22 June 2018

We had booked here through our hotel before we arrived in Venice. From what we saw it wold be very difficult to walk in and get a table unless you were prepared to give up your precious time to queue.
The meal was very good and very well priced, which for Venice is worth seeking out.
Service was excellent and you did not feel rushed at all, despite the queue to get in.
Glad we booked however I don't think anywhere is worth the queues there seemed to be. You are on holiday after all!

2  Thank stevieboyUk
Reviewed 20 June 2018

This place is a well-known restaurant in Venice located right on one of the bigger canals in Venice. The hostess/waitress that greeted us and seated us was the nicest person we met in Italy. We ordered the cheese plate (INCREDIBLE), Squid ink pasta, and a tuna salad. The cheese plate was the best thing I ate and pairs great with honey. The pasta was very good as well as the salad. Highly recommend and reasonably priced

3  Thank Eli B
Reviewed 17 June 2018

We were here because of the reviews, but we returned a second time because of our experience. Language is no barrier, and we were given still water and bread with our selection. The house wine , both red and white)was very good, but the pasta was exceptional. My husband ordered the pasta bolognese both times. I did once and was hesitant to try anything else, but the psta with scallops was also very, very good. Staff was friendly and patient with our "Italian" and we sat outdoors once and in air conditioning two days later.

1  Thank jessandc
Reviewed 16 June 2018

We read the great reviews so decided to go along for a meal. There was already a queue forming which didn't bother us, and we waited for about half an hour. The only problem was the Chinese tourists in front of us who annoyed our waitress so much she ended up giving them my food to keep them quiet. So my partner got his food and I was sat without anything well after he had finished. They did apologise and offer coffees on the house but at this point we were ready to go.

It's sad because the food was so good, just the wait staff don't really have a clue and seem to get annoyed by tourists a lot. Especially Chinese tourists who prefer to point to pictures from their phones rather than ordering properly.

1  Thank Kamineon