“Boring, uninspired with an automatic service charge added to the bill”
Review of Capitol

Capitol
Ranked #1,221 of 1,472 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Chinese
Neighbourhood: Castello
Neighbourhood: Castello
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My food had no flavour whatsoever. The rice arrived stone cold. The spinach in garlic arrived in a puddle of murky water with two pieces of visible uncooked garlic. The staff are very good at whisking your plate away the second they think you are finished with it. Totally unremarkable and not worth the price.

2  Thank Weesperbuurt

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

The place was well lit. The staff was courteous. The food was good. The portion was small for European standard, but for the price, it was ok.

No cover charge, but there was 12% tax.

I paid €38 for Crispy Duck, Fried Pork Ribs, Steamed dumplings, corn soup, steamed rice, fried rice, and 1L water. Not bad! :)

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We liked dining here so much we came here twice. After a three week tour of Italy the last thing we wanted to see was another pasta or pizza. Captiol was a welcome reprieve! The staff were friendly. Food was cheap and came out quickly. Dishes were brought out one at a time the first night. The second night we asked for everything to be brought out at once so we could share. The sizzling beef hot plate was really good.

1  Thank billytheblacksmith
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

I'll start with the positive. The staff were friendly. Sadly it went downhill very rapidly from there. The food (soup / jasmine tea) was watered down. The mains were awful. I ordered crispy chilly beef which was soggy and simply tasted of salt and chilli - I didn't find any beef at all. My husband's lemon chicken was mainly a glutinous / tasteless mush with microscopic pieces of chicken and no lemon flavour. My father's chicken and cashew but dish was chicken, cashew and soy sauce only. Basically, the meal was awful from start to finish - had I been able to reset my evening I would have done. I truly wouldn't recommend it and believe it only managed to stay open due to it's location as it sucks in unsuspecting tourists and does not need to worry about encouraging customers to return.

4  Thank Roz38
Reviewed 5 January 2014

The food was just awful and the four of us agreed it was the worst we have ever tasted of all cuisines tried. Chicken fillets were round blobs of unidentified food, the crispy beef was little soggy, salty, and spongy with no beef to be found, sweet and sour pork was small pieces of batter in a cold sauce from a jar...other food and rice ordered and was cold. Wanted soup as not feeling well and we felt worse on leaving, we needed a long walk round Venice to assist digestion.

2  Thank Enairrol