“one of the worst food ever”
Review of Ai Cugnai

Ai Cugnai
Ranked #131 of 1,462 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Dorsoduro / Accademia
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I am still under impresion so I do not have many words but the worst food ever,yeah I know its Venice but again in this case I prefer staying hungry:(((( Sorry for not saying more but I never have had this kind of experience:(((

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stopped in for lunch at this restaurant, which looked nice and had a pleasant atmosphere. We tried to order from an older waiter who looked like the proprietor or the senior waiter. While ordering, my fiancé first asked for two coffees, which turned out to be a mistake, as her next question about food was cut off by the waiter, who became agitated, saying 'no coffee, lunch only!' and stormed off with my fiancé's menu.

It was clear to us he thought we only wanted coffee and were not ordering lunch. We waited a moment to give him the benefit of the doubt, but as we rose to leave he was still agitated and clearly didn't understand ordering coffee with lunch is acceptable in some parts of the world. I had some words with him to get his head around that but we still chose to leave.

We are well travelled and understand that coffee relates differently to meals in Italy, however the service here was unacceptable.

3  Thank Liam P
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This is a family-run restaurant in Dorsoduro. And it doesn't pretend to be anything more than it actually is. Ai Cugnai serves authentic Venetian "comfort-food" at an affordable price in a cosy atmosphere. Have a sneaky look around while you're there - It's very likely you'll be the only tourists amongst a throng of locals. That should tell you you're on to a winner here.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

The restaurant looks nice and the food really was good. But the staff was VERY unfrendly, we were waiting half an hour before we became a bottle of water, another half an hour until the food came and the waiters did not even bother to make the situation better.

2  Thank Gorguiheld a
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Neighborhood restaurant. Fantastic fish lasagna and the best tiramisu ever. Great service, fresh food. Excellent choice.