“Worst restaurant ever”

Ranked #1,271 of 1,466 Restaurants in Venice
Neighbourhood: Castello
Neighbourhood: Castello
Reviewed 5 January 2014

This is the worst restaurant that I have ever eaten it in my life. Avoid. Service was slow. Food was tasteless

1  Thank Andrew W

Reviewed 19 November 2013

We were coaxed into the restaurant and sat by the door even though we asked to sit inside being that is was cold, we were sat by the door to lure/coax in more unsuspecting tourist bait. Food Poor, Service Poor, Bill Extortionate; Eat and Drink elsewhere....

2  Thank Dean L
Reviewed 5 December 2012

My friend and I stopped in for lunch today.It was convenient on my way back to my apartment and since it was around the corner from the Riva degli Sciavoni I thought we were away from the tour groups...wrong. There seemed to be a tour group there and once seated and handed menus we were ignored even though it was obvious we were ready to order. It was cold outside...very cold...and we ordered two cups of tea (4 Euros each) and two bowls of vegetable soup (10 Euros each). My friend who lives in Venice and speaks Italian had trouble attracting the staffs attention when we needed something as simple as salt and pepper. We were able to sit and talk and there was no rush for us to leave. After all once the tour group left we were the only ones in the place. The soup was good and hot. No complaint about the actual food.
After they added the Coperto (which I know is normal practice) and the 12% service charge the total for what should have been a light lunch for two was 35,84 Euros. Somewhat overpriced for both the food and service.
I don't normally write bad reviews but what confused me about this place was the TripAdvisor sticker in window. Can just anyone get them?

1  Thank Michelle V
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We should have had a clue when we were the only people at 8pm...iasked for minestrone soup, and twenty minutes later was served a bowl of undetermined broth with frozen vegetables, mildly heated along with stale white bread. Ate 2 tablespoons, cancelled the rest of the order and left.

1  Thank Nili99
Reviewed 28 September 2012 via mobile

We only had a couple of late evening pasta dishes on our arrival in the city. Both were really good and the service was swift and very friendly. 5 nights later and countless pasta dishes across the city and this remains the most tasty Bolognese of the trip.