“Recommended by a friend”
Review of Kori

Kori
Ranked #469 of 1,466 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Marco
Reviewed 8 June 2014

A friend of our recommended that we eat here when visiting Venice. We are happy to say it was a good choice. We had a lovely meal and the service was great. The waiter was extremely helpful, attentive and took great care of us. The food was tasty and the value expensive, but hey it's Venice. Everything is expensive.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Plus side -- open late (after the opera)... dry (it was pouring rain)...good Bellini.

Average to bland -- pizza, pasta, service (neither attentive nor disinterested).

Minus side -- steak with fries definitely a poor cut of meat, they charge a 12% service charge (tip), prices high for what you receive (I didn't feel cheated, just that they were in a touristy area and were charging accordingly. We didn't want to take the time to research -- we wanted out of the rain and were hungry. We left dry and fed.)

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

We stopped there because of the proximity to the San Marco Square and the good atmosphere.
The food was average, but it was kinda expensive and the service was poor.
To who is going to Venice I would suggest to look to eat as far as possible of the touristic areas!! You usually pay more for less!!

Kori_Grill, Direttore at Kori, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear Cembranel,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review to TripAdvisor and thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit in Venice.
As you might expect we are very sorry that you found us average. Please be reassured we are always trying to improve our quality and service. I will certainly take your points on board and discuss them with the team.

Kind Regards.

The Manager / Ristorante Kori

Reviewed 8 April 2014

The best place to rest and eat after visiting the monuments of Plazza San Marco. It was the waiter outside restaurant, who made us ender. He speaks very good Greek and he can give you a lot of useful information about the area, places need to visit, information about directions and distances, etc. Mikele was very friendly at all, so we decided to taste some Italian food in the interior. I believe that the exterior place, must be noisy, due to a lot of people passing in front of you. At least, it is in the very central, very popular and common place of Venice. Food was excellent, even though two of us tried the touristic proposal. Don't miss their tiramisu !!! And their prices very convenient as well._

Kori_Grill, Direttore at Kori, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Dear Kostas,

Thank you very much for your kind words and the time taken to review Kori Grill Restaurant.
I am sincerelly happy that you have enjoyed your evening here, such as the food and service too.
I do appreciate your comment about the food and our freshly made tiramisù; I will be sure to pass on your praises to our Chef and his team, and of course to the waiter who have been serving you.

Please do not hesitate to choose us again!

Kindest regards,

The Manager / Ristorante Kori

Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

They are keen to get you in a seat then they lose interest in you. I got seafood spaghetti on their recommendation but it was tasteless and the 1 scampi on top for show was cold. I asked for Parmesan and used the whole bowl. €27 for spaghetti and a glass of house wine. You can do way better.
Im kicking myself because I couldn't get any wifi to check tripadvisor first.

Kori_Grill, Manager at Kori, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear sallysteer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent experience to TripAdvisor.

we would have very much appreciated if you raised this issue to our attention on the spot, so we could have had the chance to meet your expectations.

I will certainly take your points on board and discuss them with the team.

Kind Regards.