“If you've got an allergy don't bother trying”
Review of Florida

Florida
Ranked #874 of 1,448 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
“If you've got an allergy don't bother trying”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We went to the Ristorante Florida on Thursday 12th June 2014. We had decided to go to this restaurant in the evening to watch the World Cup football game but, as with all the restaurants on this strip, we got hounded and asked by a waiter to eat there too if we're coming to watch the football.

We ordered drinks and I handed the waiter my card explaining my nut allergy. I wrote it in Italian with the help of a native speaker and other restaurants had been really kind and helpful about this on our trip.

The waiter read that I have a severe allergy and immediately shook his head. "I'm not allowed to take you. My chef says if there is anyone with an allergy don't take them". I was a bit shocked by the blunt reply. He followed this up with "... you could have a plain salad?"

Needless to say we left and had an AMAZING dinner elsewhere at a restaurant that bent over backwards to help me. They were very well tipped by us - it pays to be nice! :)

• Visited June 2014

• Korean first
  • Polish first
jakarta
“Worst Service ever”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My mom was tired from all the walking so we decided to sit down on this restaurant to rest for a bit and get drinks. The restaurant was not full so we thought we would not be taking away other customer's space if we just sit down to drink. Unfortunately, we were told that we are not allowed to order drinks only by the waiter so we left right away...

• Visited May 2014
Truro, United Kingdom
“nice view, terrible service,food and cost”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Like us, you’ll get what you deserve if you choosing to eat at this place. Placed in a row of canal side restaurants with a great view of the Rialto Bridge, this place doesn’t need to try hard to fill its seats with gullible tourists. The serving staff and the chef don’t have customer service or satisfaction in their vocabulary so what you get is bland service, even blander food followed by a bill that makes you check and check again as the extra’s seem to cost more than the food you ordered. They don't care... they don't have to as there are emough tourists that haven't read these reviews! The only use this place has is if you want to while away a couple of hours away with a bottle of wine and view of the iconic bridge.

• Visited May 2014
Newcastle West, Ireland
“Food poisoning!”
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Do not eat here. I got a terrible dose of food poisoning. Nearly ruined our trip! I was out with my fiancée for dinner and we decided to try one of the restaurants near the Rialto Bridge. Florida looked nice and the waiters weren't as pushy as elsewhere. How looks can be deceiving. Stay away. Stay away. Stay away!

Aarhus, Denmark
“Worst quality food for the highest price.”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Location is great but still - how can anyone justify to serve crap quality while taking Michelin star level prices.
I probably have had worse food somewhere (but of course never in Italy), and I have payed higher prices in some top restaurants, but I have never ever experienced anything with this poor price/performance.
Chocking bad !
Stay away and walk a few minutes into the small alleys - here you find plenty of options with food made by people who are actually proud of serving a good meal.