“Lovely gem of a hotel is a great area of Venice :)”
Review of Alla Vite Dorata

Alla Vite Dorata
Ranked #34 of 482 Venice B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I stayed in this hotel, in a three bed room with friends.

I loved this hotel and cannot recommend it enough. It's in the Cannaregio area of Venice, right on a canal and feels less touristy than other areas we visited. When we arrived, the lady who works there was super friendly and helpful - a lovely welcome.
Our room was light, cool and beautifully decorated. As soon as I opened the window, a gondola went by and I got a wink from a gondolier. I was a happy bunny! :)

The hotel is spotlessly clean and very comfortable. The area is great and you can wander anywhere in Venice, finding your way back easily. There is a small supermarket nearby and plenty of restaurant options. Breakfast is simple but lovely and served in a pleasant dining area - the most coveted table is on a small veranda on the canal, but you've got be early to get that one!!

Also, we didn't need to use it, but I noticed that the hotel has good access for wheelchair users and, as all of the rooms are on ground-floor level, I expect there are rooms that would also be suitable.

Overall, this place helped make our stay in Venice a very enjoyable one. I would highly recommend this hostel and when I return to Venice, I will try to stay here again :)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank TravelPlugster

Reviewed 29 September 2012

I just loved everything about this hotel, we had just come from Lljubljana and an old school slightly dingy but character filled hostel and this place really was like an oasis. It was the most expensive hostel we stayed in but we loved the private bathroom, fine furnishings, good quality bed clothes, quiet location, excellent air conditioning and the lady on reception was really lovely. I also really enjoyed the tasteful breakfast and little ringo the dog who was poddling about (but I encouraged this as he was so nice, he stayed well out of the way otherwise) I havent stayed in that many hostels/hotels really so I dont have masses to compare the breakfast too but I thought the one here was one of the best on our trip, I loved the hot crossants and pastries and the room was so quaint, we were lucky our first morning to get the table on the balcony which led out onto a canal so we had little boats passing us, very blissful all round I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lisarti
Reviewed 10 September 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed with Aleksandra at Alla Vite Dorata for two nights in September and found the place to be everything we expected and more. The room very nice and with a great canal view, and we were allowed to check into our room upon our early 11:30am arrival which was extremely helpful to us.

The second day of our stay was my girlfriend's 21st birthday, and we were greeted by a bottle of prosecco, chocolates and a candle in our room which was a lovely touch and made the day that bit more special. The breakfast was lovely and for our early departure on our last day Aleksandra provided us with some breakfast and coffee that we could help ourselves to before we left. Again this was another lovely personal touch which made an already fantastic place to stay even better.

It was also in a great location, in a quiet part of town but close enough to the main attractions. We walked from Piazzale Roma (coach station) upon our arrival and this took no more than about 25 minutes.

All in all, a great place - highly recommended. We will definitely be returning the next time we visit Venice!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris M
Reviewed 29 August 2012

We stayed at Alla Vite Dorata for 2 nights in August 2012; this place is amazing. We are the family of 4 and had the Blue Room that had bunk beds in the entrance area and a queen size bed that is half separated from the entrance area. The room is very nicely decorated, the bathroom is big and very nice; this room has a window right above the water, the canal view from the room is great.

Room Tip: Not all room shave the canal view; only some.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Gordana M
Reviewed 13 August 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at this lovely boutique bed and breakfast with only six rooms pre-cruise, and we were delighted by so many aspects of the property.

First of all, the location of the property on the North side of Venice Island means several things: It is very close to Fondamente Nuove, one of the first stops for the Alilaguna Water Bus (15 Euro per person from the airport); second there are far fewer tourists here so it's easy to find uncrowded water taxis (ACTV) that can take you anywhere, third the canal adjacent to the hotel gives you a much more personal view of Venetian life than the Grand Canal.
Additionally, the property owner Alexandra is very helpful, finding us a needed outlet adapter and a post office.

The rooms are a bit small but adequate, and the breakfast was quite good (just don't expect eggs and bacon...this is an Island after all). The breakfast room opens up into the canal and has a single outside table...usually available if you're up by 8:30 when breakfast starts.

The hotel has free wi-fi and is in a safe location (all of Venice is safe) but there was something about the property that makes you feel at peace.

Finally if you are continuing on to a cruise, all you have to do is go back to Fondamente Nuove where the airport water bus dropped you off, take ACTV water taxi 51 or 41 to the Piazzele Roma stop, and hop on the "People Mover" tram (1 euro) to the pier.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 6 August 2012

This place is absolutley stunning. The rooms are gorgeous and are more than adequate for a city break. The location I think is perfect and if you follow the directions you can't go wrong. Air con, much needed in the heat, clean rooms and free wifi!

The staff are fantastic, its seems nothing it to much. Breakfast was simple but more than sufficient and the fresh coffee and never ending orange jucie and pastries would have no hesitations recommending this little gem.

We were able to check in early and leave our bags safely during the day until our night flight home.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Penelope15_12
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We booked a canal view room for a relaxing few nights at the end of our holiday. Our room was beautiful, the air conditioning was powerful (and well needed) and the hospitality was brilliant. The breakfast in the morning was really nice (fresh croissants) and the quaint canal view really brought Venice to life. Definitely note down the instructions from the website before you arrive as otherwise you might find it tough to find!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple