“Ad Loft Apartments”

Ranked #41 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Oklahoma CIty
“Ad Loft Apartments”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed in the apt with all the pink and green. It is much better in person. The apt is 2 rooms with A/C wall unit in bedroom. In the living room, there is a cabinet with a small kitchenette in it. (No microwave). Would have been nice to have some detergent to wash the dishes with as they didn't wash them day to day (We only used glasses). They do come and change towels and make bed daily. The room has wifi that was decent speed and is stronger in living room.

The apt is on the first floor and there is a small set of stairs to reach it once inside the front gate area. In the public area, there is a small courtyard that was very nice and a small hall area leading to a door that opens to the canal. (That is the picture you see of the room that opens to a canal). The apt itself is a corner unit with canal on both sides with (6) windows looking down on the canal. You have to walk to the windows to see the canal though. It is a popular gondola area so will hear them during the day and evening. Will also hear some canal noise as it is a tight turn for any boats and they have to three point turn it. The bed is king size with good pillows (4). Bed was comfortable. Apt was nicely furnished with comfortable furniture. TV on the wall with no English channels but plenty (like 20 channels) of very racy late night infocommercial ads for phone sex lines. No issue for us but just beware if bringing young people.

Bathroom is all blue tile with shower and separate bath tub. It was stocked with amenities and had hairdryer also. Towels were of decent quality and large. (No washcloths but didn't have washcloths in any of the hotels we stayed at in Italy) The shower is small but I am 6' 280" and I had no difficulty fitting in or taking shower. We had no hot water the first day and once we reported it.....they had the plumber there that day fixing it. Plenty of hot water once working. There is a safe in the room and it is right before you walk into the bathroom. We realized when we got back the first day (the same day the hotel staff and plumber were in the apt) that we had left it wide open with a significant amount of cash in it. There was no way it could have been missed walking by. Nothing was missing so a big thumbs up to the integrity of the staff.

You do have to go to the main hotel to check in and it really is a short walk from the orange line Alliguna stop. They will take you to the apt from there and it is close by. Near the apt, there is grocery store and also a little bar on the corner that is open late night (which is uncommon in Venice) I do not recommend the pizzeria around the corner but the Rustico restaurant was outstanding.

Was very comfortable here and would stay again. My only recommendations for improvement are to add a telephone with the phone number for the hotel so we don't have to walk back to the hotel if we need to report problem or need help. Also, when taking people to the apt, spend a few minutes showing them how the heat and air work as it wasn't really self explanatory.

The location is perfect and is very easy to get to Rialto or St Marks from the apt. If my review was helpful, please check it. Also, I will be doing reviews of the restaurants and other places we stayed in Italy over next week so check my other reviews.

15 Thank okcJohn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We have just come back from Venice, AD place is a wonderful hotel in a great location. It is easy to navigate from here without getting lost. Quite close to St Marks square and Rialto bridge without being busy and a very short walk from the water taxi stop . The breakfast was lovely with a great varied choice and the coffee machines which everyone mentions are great. The staff are very friendly and helpful. They recommended Dok prosciutto restaurant which I have reviewed and would whole heartedly recommend. The squares locally have good restaurants and are quiet and relaxing at night. The Gondolas pass right past and it is wonderful to hear the accordians and singers as the punt past. I would definately also recommend the Murano island trip, it is free from AD place, you get ushered into a glass factory and although it is free you feel a bit pressured and but bear with it you don't have to pay anything at all and can leave at any point to enjoy the rest of the island. Give yourself time to enjoy it and browse the shops as they are lovely, some great artwork. Also another must is Burano another small island it is so colourful and unexpected ( if like us you havent dont 'too much' research).

Room Tip: Our room Decembre was at ground floor level, first impressions are it is a bit dark, But the Gondali...
3 Thank Moodygeezer
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Venice is the most romantic city I have had the pleasure of visiting, and this hotel, located just a short meander from the giglio stop, entirely complements the location. Mesmerisingly lit by dozens of candles at night, from our very comfortable suite we could hear the singing from the gondolas drifting below. The staff could not have been more helpful, recommending restaurants and cafés, and the breakfast was delightful- with espresso or cappuccino made to order. There are stairs to be climbed here, but then this is true across all of Venice- this is not a city for those with reduced mobility. The price of this hotel was reasonable for Venice- which is an expensive city- but from this hotel you can walk just about everywhere. We loved it.

Room Tip: Upgrade if you can. You'll be glad you did.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank MaisieMinkel
East Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I booked this hotel as part of a break to celebrate my wife's 50th birthday in March, after much research on Trip Advisor, and I must say I was pretty pleased with myself at my choice.

As we arrived, after a two or three minute walk through the narrow alleyways from Giglio vaparetto stop, the receptionist was just lighting the candles in the lanterns at the entrance, which gave the place an instantly romantic feel. Booking in was painless and we were taken fairly quickly to our room, as I had booked an evening at Venice Jazz Club and we needed to get changed quickly to go and grab a meal before the show. We were on the top floor (in Septembre room I think - all named after months), and the "Stannah" style stair lift got our cases most of the way up, but there were a few more stairs after that. Not a problem for us, but could be for older travellers. As with most Venice hotels, there is no lift for guests or staff, and it would be impossible to fit one without ruining the fabric of the hotel.

Having booked a "standard double" through Expedia, I was amazed at the size and quality of the room (with a separate bathroom along a small hallway), which in other cities would have been classed as a suite. It seemed enormous as we had just come from Paris, where a more expensive room was about one third of the size. The photos on the hotel's website really do show the full glory, which is a refreshing change.

Everyone on reception was very helpful and only too pleased to show us how to navigate our way around. I don't know how long it would have taken to get to the Jazz Club at 9pm in the dark without their advice!

The hotel is well placed for the main sites, being about 200m from St Mark's Square, but with little noise apart from the odd passing gondolier.

Being so small, the hotel only serves breakfasts, so you have to eat elsewhere in the day and evening, but they were truly amazing. Probably the best I have ever had, with a great selection of mueslis with yogurt; fruit, and cakes. Be sure to try the chocolate muffins!

Room Tip: If I chose a relatively cheap option, then the other rooms must be unbelievable!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Elnombre_lulu
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed 11 June 2014

When we arrived in Venice, there was a transportation strike, so we were pretty grumpy by the time we got to the hotel. Our moods changed as soon as we walked in. The lovely lady and gentleman who helped us get checked in were very friendly and helpful. We arrived prior to the check in time, but they managed to let us get in early. Even though we had to climb to the top floor, the terrace was right next to us, so we spent a good bit of time up there taking in the views. Breakfast was the best selection we had at any hotel in Italy. The room was gorgeous, and the bed was very comfortable. I have zero complaints about AD Place! (even after falling down the stairs my first time down...the stairs at the top are a lot more narrow than I'm used to!)

1 Thank dollah1
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at AD Place Hotel for our 3 night mini-moon immediately after our wedding. We had such a fantastic time - we stayed in the most romantic red room...we were greeted by T who told us all about the amazing local restaurants which weren't tourist traps, the best bars, the best shops and everything in between.

The room was perfect - nice size, so close to the intimate roof terrace that it was almost our own. Comfy bed, dressing gowns and slippers supplied too.

The roof terrace was amazing - covered by a canvas roof, you can get the sun but there's no better place when there's a storm coming over and you've got a prosecco in your hand - you can also here the men singing on Gondola trips too as they pass the hotel.

Breakfast was good - nice choice of pastries, hot food, coffee and juices as you'd expect. Location is PERFECT - v. close to San Marco but also only 10 mins to Rialto Bridge, 20 mins to Jewish Ghetto and 15 mins to student area.

All in all we could't have hope for more - staff were all SO helpful. Bottle of prosecco just 16EU served with strawberries to the roof terrace - didn't expect that.

Well done AD Place we'll be back!!

ps - only tip for girls - bring your own hair dryer!

Room Tip: The red romantic room is lovely.
2 Thank LewyLondon
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We loved our 3 night stay at the AD Place. It was easy to find from the Giglio stop on the city-operated boat. There are steps inside, but they put your bags on a little wheel-chair lift, so you don’t have the carry them. The lobby has all the lanterns like in the pictures. We booked a standard double but I don't think we were upgraded as some other folks have reported. We were in the main building. Our room was very small, but the bathroom itself was spacious. The shower was small, but I heard that was the case in other hotels in Venice as well. The biggest issue for me was that there wasn’t a true desk. I typically have to work on vacation, so I like to have a place to set up my laptop. However, I could have worked in one of the common areas had a needed to do so. Everything was super clean and smelled very nice. The bed was comfortable and the sheets were soft. Good pillows as well. the night stands were ample-sized. I loved the slippers - purple and thong-style! They were very comfy and fit better than regular-style hotel slippers. The décor was a little gaudy (it is just like the pictures), but I loved all the purple and it was a fun to look at, even if I wouldn’t choose to decorate my home that way. The key for us was that it was a corner room, and we had two windows with the canal beneath (not the grand canal, but the smaller ones - better in every way), and every 15-20 minutes during the day gondolas would go by with at least one boat that had a singer and accordion player. It was so romantic! I just loved listening from our room.
The hotel is centrally located and a very easy walk to the Rialto Bridge and St. Mark’s square. It is also not a bad walk over to where you can catch a boat to Murano. But I think as long as you are in San Marco you are close to most things. There wasn’t too much super commercial nearby, but there were some nice shops and cute restaurants less than 5 minutes away – maybe 3 minutes – which I think was actually perfect. I think otherwise it would have been too loud and busy.
Breakfast was a little above average compared to a similarly ranked hotel we stayed at in Florence. They would make you espresso drinks, which was a nice touch. And all the pastries were on a heated plate, so they were just slightly warm. They also had pancakes, meat, cheese, rolls, fruit, juices, etc. I stuck to pastries and they were very good (even if the selection wasn’t vast).
The concierge was very nice. Not at all snotty or standoffish. And they were excellent with our things, which I appreciate. I told them we had laptops and ipads in two of bags so they required extra care, and the immediately said they were to be put in their office. I wasn’t worried about them being stolen, but just wanted to make sure they were dropped or put under other bags.
Over all an excellent hotel – I would stay again and I would recommend to family and friends.

Room Tip: We were fine in our standard double - upgrade if you will just HATE a small room. I didn't like...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple