Instead of numbers, the twelve hotelrooms in this hotel are named after the months of the year. We stayed here for two nights; one night in the February room (classic double, however the staff referred to it as the economy room) before we were upgraded to the November room (junior suite) on the second night. Even though we appreciated the kind upgrade, we did not find any of the rooms THAT good.
The February room on floor 1 (above ground floor) was nicely decorated with purple, green and pink fabrics. However, the room was absolutely tiny! Even the staff more or less excused the small size of the room when we first checked in. I would guess that the bed was about 1.40 m wide, and we kind of got the feeling that we were staying in a dorm room. This room was also situated next to the breakfast area and passed the shared toilet, which just didn't help. However, I understand that people can see this room as cute, and it would be ok for one person.
The November room on the ground floor was quite big. This room was mainly decorated with black and grey, and with an orange/yellow bathroom, a blue sofa and a red carpet. In our view not a nice decoration, but on the other side a fairly modern and nice room. However, our main issue with this room was the location on the ground floor next to a bridge. People could not only look straight into the room, but there was also quite a lot of noice from people walking by (especially when they drag their suitcases over the bridge). Also, the wireless internet did not work properly in this room, and the staff was not able to fix it. I think we would have been quite dissapointed with this room if we had booked a junior suite. However, some of the other rooms on the wedsite look really nice, so other rooms may be better...
Apart from the rooms, here is what we think:
• The location is great for all the main attractions!
• The breakfast was not very good (no fresh bread), but great orange juice.
• Service was very on and off. Some were great, others had very little knowledge about the city, transport, restaurants etc. One girl with short black hair (cannot remember her name) was great:)
• The cleaning seemed to be good, however on the day we left we noticed that they used the shared toilet as temporary storage for sheets and towels, which didn't seem very hygenic. Also, the use of scents and air fresheners in this hotel is a bit over the top (would prefer at least the bedrooms to smell just fresh and clean).
• Terrible drainage in the sinks, however the showers were ok.
This review may seem a bit harsh, as AD Place is an ok hotel for a break in Venice. However, we didn't find the great hotel we expected, and have stayed in many far better hotels for the same price in other cities.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your AD Place Venice reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ad Place Venice Hotel Venice
- Ad Place Charming Hotel