“Friendly neighborhood place”

Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Buffet
Neighbourhood: Castello
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Our first dinner in Venice. Nice wines, seafood done in a simple but delicious way. Terrific tiramisu to end. Not elegant, just homey and friendly.

2  Thank Swimmom1050

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Lovely little place to grab a bite to eat or just sit inside eating nibbles and drinking wine! I enjoyed watching the sandwiches be freshly made and the ones we had were packed with flavour! If I went back to Venice again (which i'm hoping to) i'd certainly go there again!

1  Thank HotelLover304
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Must try out the coffee options ! Quite cheap and worth trying ! We loved it and almost had a cup of coffee everyday as long as our stay in venice.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I like to give good valuation, specially because I really write about what I do by myself. Osteria da Bacco is a nice location in the middle of Venice. Good for a paninno and also for a pizza or a salad along long day walking. Very small table and not comfortable chairs are not a problem. The salad is honest as well as the paninni, all prepared fresh when you order.
Unfortunately, the day service team, that´s probably composed by the owner and one waiter that are Italians and responsible by the quality. But the other two waiters were young Asians that were not able to speak Italian and also English!! And I speak Italian. Not surprisingly, al least three tables (they have less than 10) were served wrong, including us! The reaction by the Italian team was terrible.
The result is a poor valuation for a good place. My recommendation is to train the service team.

2  Thank SAngioletti
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This was our favorite sandwich shop in Venice. They charge you extra to sit down, but I thought it was worth it after walking so much. We enjoyed the paninis they served here, and were impressed by the cozy atmosphere the tables and booths created. Great for relaxing and eating!

2  Thank Michael S