“Very nice and quiet hotel”
Review of Palazzo Paruta

Palazzo Paruta
Ranked #69 of 386 Hotels in Venice
Stockholm, Sweden
“Very nice and quiet hotel”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Me and my fiancee went to Venice to celebrate our 10 year anniversary and chosed to stay 3 nights at this nice hotel. The staff was friendly and non obtrusive. We had some extra wishes (selection of room, Champagne etc.) before we arrived and the staff fulfilled them to our full satisfaction.

Our room (a red standard room) was super quiet, clean and very romantic and cozy.

A very minor annoyance might be the smell of food in the room (the breakfast getting ready) early in the morning but this should definately not prevent you from staying at this very nice hotel.

Afternoon tea on the terrace was relaxing and a nice pause from shopping, people and walking.

RECOMMENDED!

Room Tip: The standard room we stayed in (red) was small but cozy. It is best suited for couples.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Every single picture you have seen in your life of Venice, is every corner of Venice. What a great place and on top of that this hotel was great. The staff there were very friendly and accommodating. The rooms were fantastic! AND we got a complementary bottle of champagne and some delicious snacks to go with it. (we were on our honeymoon which is probably why we got the free bottle) The rooms were nice and clean and spacious. When we were there they were serving free drinks on their courtyard patio. The atmosphere of this whole place was awesome. I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hiroko N
Amsterdam
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

A small but perfect hotel. Rooms lovely, great location. All sights less than 10 min walk away. Right next to a vaporetto stop for ease of sight seeing. The courtyard was the icing on the cake. Great selection for breakfast. If i come back to Venice i will not hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed April 2014
Alameda, California
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Hotel is 10 minute walk from St Marks so you Re away from the crowds. The hotel is a small hotel (13 rooms) with wonderful ambience. The rooms are good size although we did upgrade to a superior room based on trip advisor reviews. The breakfast is great as is the complimentary afternoon tea. The staff is very attentive and friendly - all around 5 stars!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Becky D
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I used Tripadvisor to research this hotel before booking. I tend to read recent reviews (which were mainly good), some of the negative feedback and a few of the average reviews to get a balanced view. Also, FYI, I have NEVER actually rated a place before this. But this place was so EXCEPTIONAL! (my wife said it was the best place she has ever stayed) that I felt obligated to share my assessment.

We booked the regular room for Mother's day, May 11th. From the other inputs, it seemed the only concern (possibly?) was an attic room so I requested to kindly not be put in it if possible. To my great pleasure, I was informed by the very courteous staff, we had actually been upgraded to a junior suite (the blue one in the pictures)! Again, the staff was more than helpful throughout the stay. They tolerated my broken Italian with a smile (Yes, it is THEIR country, and maybe trying to speak THEIR language might have resulted in a better experience). Regardless, my experience was very positive, and definitely nothing like that reported in the negative reviews.

The room couldn't have been more fantastic. Exactly as advertised... 17th century, recently renovated. Bathroom was clean and modern. Bed was comfortable and the furnishings and decorations were unbelievable! I think we took more photos of the room than we did of the city! One of the reviews listed being awakened by noisy dishes during breakfast. Again, from the review, this was probably written by someone staying in the same room. As this is an old mansion, I assumed the kitchen was on the other side of the wall. We did hear dishes in the morning, but I've heard worse from room service carts going down a hallway! Also, it was probably around 8:00 a.m. In my mind, not an issue. If you want to sleep in, I'd recommend staying home!

Breakfast was good. Several reviews mentioned the bad OJ. This must have been fixed as mine was normal. We arrived at 2:00, and requested being allowed to have the tea (normally requires advanced notice). Again, this was confirmed with a smile. My wife is British and she gave it the thumbs up. Don't plan on this being your dinner; it is exactly as advertised, a nice afternoon tea.

Didn't use the water entrance so no comment on accessibility. Took the ACTV (line 1) which is a very short walk. Print out the map on the hotel’s site after zooming way in and you won't have any issue walking straight to it.

Finally, when checking out, the staff did advise me to visit their site directly next time. The purpose was to highlight that I could save in the future by avoiding the booking fees at the online sites. I mention this as someone again took this to be a dissatisfier in one of the reviews. My suggestion is to check both.

In summary, this hotel set the tone for the entire trip. My only regret is that writing such a nice review might result in it being more difficult for me to book it again in the future!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ExplornItaly
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We have had a fantastic time in Venice and in particular at this hotel.
The staff are friendly and very helpful.
Our room was immaculate and very spacious.
Breakfast was very nice and there is plenty of choice.
Complimentary afternoon tea is also a nice touch not sure about the mushroom sandwiches though lol
Overall a fantastic experience and we certainly return to this lovely hotel

• Stayed April 2014
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have just returned from our third trip to Venice and we must say this hotel was by far the best we have stayed in. The room was large by Venice standards and the decor and ambience surpassed all our expectations. Breakfast was very nice and the staff were very helpful and curteous.
Our room was cleaned every day and was immaculate.
We will most certainly return to this wonderful hotel.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple