“Palazzo Paruta- fit for a princess”
Review of Palazzo Paruta

Palazzo Paruta
Ranked #71 of 386 Hotels in Venice
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Palazzo Paruta- fit for a princess”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Our family stayed at the Palazzo Paruta prior to boarding our cruise ship in Venice. We had the red, canal facing family suite. Our 2 girls loved it, it was beautifully decorated, extremely spacious, with a wonderful staff. The bathroom was a little tiny but was fine. The complimentary tea was lovely and breakfast wonderful. I would absolutely stay there again. We travel a lot, typically staying in apartments, this was a real treat. The only problem we had was trying to actually find it in the square. It's hidden in the corner.

Room Tip: The 2 suites are beautiful. We chose the red canal view suite. I would chose the blue courtyard suit...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank D G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Just recently returned from vacation where I stayed one night at Palazzo Paruta. I booked this hotel because I wanted an authentic venetian experience, not a modern hotel chain; I was very happy with my decision. The hotel is absolutely gorgeous, and located in an area close to the main square but far enough to enjoy a little peace and quiet. I was kindly upgraded upon my arrival which was awesome as my room was fit for a king, not a solo backpacker :). Although I didn't spend a lot of time in my room, my sleep was excellent and hot shower and breakfast in the morning was a great start the day. Thank you for the great stay, Palazzo Paruta!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Caguas, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Great location, everything is near, everything was classy. I recommend it if you will stay a few nights but if you are only going to stay for a night to take a cruise is not walking distance to the port "people mover", how ever it is near to a Vaporeto station so you can take a water taxi.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Harpenden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Had a nice stay at this hotel on a girlie weekend in Venice. It is quite easy to get to from the Sant.Angelo boat stop. The ladies on reception were very friendly and helpful. Our twin room was a bit dark for my liking but clean and the bathroom quite spacious with free toiletries. The breakfasts were good with a good choice of hot or cold food. I particularly enjoyed their good cappuccinos. We tried afternoon tea one day and it was okay and nice they offer it for free. I would return to the hotel but would try a lighter/brighter room next time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Rome
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

First the good, I loved the hotel's location, walkable close to everything but in a nice quiet square that makes you feel like you're enjoying your own little piece of Venice.

We stayed with our two kids in a junior suite. It was spacious and roomy and had a beautiful view of the squares small canal.

The room is appointed in the rich colors, textures and fabrics that call to mind the traditional Venetian design.

Now for the not so good. The room is aging and the hotel is looking care worn. Lobby welcome mats and rugs are badly water stained and smelly (it's Venice so some of that goes with the territory). The rooms doors were chipped, dented and damaged at the bottom. There was water damage, bubbling and peeling paint in many locations throughout the room and the entry way carpets (in the room) were filthy.

It's an old mansion so the AC doesn't work perfectly. But even still the front desk controls each room and seems to keep things a bit too warm.

The bathtub/shower is a bit dangerous. It's set up high and is difficult to get in and out of.

The waffles at the buffet are delicious but the rest is only ok.

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Ack1967
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Opting for a standard room I wasn't expecting how Small the room would be an upon asking for an upgrade was told politely that everywhere was full. This is my second time to Venice and I have to say the location is excellent for the main attractions ( all 5-10) mins away and the breakfast is splendid - fresh pancakes and waffles if you have a swede tooth. If you can afford it upgrade to a Deluxe : but if you can't don't be worried the rooms are small but perfectly formed and the hotel has a touch of Venetian class: bijou Classic Venice.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Dan O
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The Palazzo Paruta in Venice was a great base for our Venice trip. Easy to get to, just take the vaporetto from the train station to San Angelo and then a short 5 minute walk to the hotel. It is on a small canal so you still have the canal views without all the noise of the Grand Canal. We found ourselves coming back to the hotel in the late afternoon, not only for the wonderful afternoon tea that they provided which is included in your accommodation cost but for an hours peace in their courtyard from the busy streets of Venice. Highly recommend the speedboat trip to the Island of Murano, once again cost included in your stay. Breakfast is a five star event in a lovely sunny dining room with very attentive staff. We would stay here again on our next trip to Venice.

Room Tip: Pay the extra to upgrade to a superior room, they are roomer and usually have two windows that you c...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple