“Wonderful hotel experience - junior suite”
Review of Palazzo Paruta

Palazzo Paruta
Ranked #71 of 386 Hotels in Venice
Stevens Point
“Wonderful hotel experience - junior suite”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Had a hard time initially finding the hotel on our own from the train station, but once we located it, it was central and easy to return to. The suite was amazing with our own private rooftop terrace. The bed was quite comfortable and I absolutely loved the shower! Nice bath products as well. The breakfast buffet is outstanding with a huge variety of freshly cut fruit as well as different hot dishes presented daily. The cappuccino was excellent! The afternoon teas were a very nice extra.

Room Tip: The upgrade to the Junior Suite was well worth it.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Susan L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This is a world class hotel with magnificent decor. You really feel like you are staying in a palace. The staff is extremely helpful. My only complaint is how hard it is to get to and from. A trip to to the airport by private water taxi was 120 euros, plus porter fees of 20 euros. Breakfast is magnificent. Excellent wi-fi.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank flossy210
Colts Neck, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Had a great time at this hotel. The room was clean, and the staff were very knowledgeable about the area and how to get around. The decor of the rooms, lobby and breakfast area was beautiful. The breakfast was wonderful and featured a good cup of coffee - sometimes hard to find in a hotel! The building is convenient to public transportation and water taxis.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JohnnyEaster
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed at the Palazzo Paruta for 2 nights in 3 rooms early July 2014 & we all loved it. Wifi was excellent. Breakfast was excellent. Afternoon tea was excellent. Location was excellent. Staff were friendly & helpful. Rooms were excellent (but we paid more for larger rooms). I felt like royalty for my short stay & I loved it. The beds were comfortable and not rock hard like most of Italy. The hotel was quite at night and easy walks to tourist locations. I would definitely stay here again and recommend this property for a Venice getaway.

Room Tip: Organise a porter to help with your bags (not cheap however, but worth it) as about 5 mins walk from...
2 Thank fatbum
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Our family stayed at the Palazzo Paruta prior to boarding our cruise ship in Venice. We had the red, canal facing family suite. Our 2 girls loved it, it was beautifully decorated, extremely spacious, with a wonderful staff. The bathroom was a little tiny but was fine. The complimentary tea was lovely and breakfast wonderful. I would absolutely stay there again. We travel a lot, typically staying in apartments, this was a real treat. The only problem we had was trying to actually find it in the square. It's hidden in the corner.

Room Tip: The 2 suites are beautiful. We chose the red canal view suite. I would chose the blue courtyard suit...
1 Thank D G
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Just recently returned from vacation where I stayed one night at Palazzo Paruta. I booked this hotel because I wanted an authentic venetian experience, not a modern hotel chain; I was very happy with my decision. The hotel is absolutely gorgeous, and located in an area close to the main square but far enough to enjoy a little peace and quiet. I was kindly upgraded upon my arrival which was awesome as my room was fit for a king, not a solo backpacker :). Although I didn't spend a lot of time in my room, my sleep was excellent and hot shower and breakfast in the morning was a great start the day. Thank you for the great stay, Palazzo Paruta!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Caguas, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Great location, everything is near, everything was classy. I recommend it if you will stay a few nights but if you are only going to stay for a night to take a cruise is not walking distance to the port "people mover", how ever it is near to a Vaporeto station so you can take a water taxi.