“Cozy dinner in Venice”

Ostaria Antico Dolo
Reserve with
Ostaria Antico Dolo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #293 of 1,426 Restaurants in Venice
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: San Polo
Columbia, Missouri
“Cozy dinner in Venice”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Was recommended to Antico Dolo by my Aunt & Uncle and I was not disappointed. Was excited to try the cuttlefish in squid ink and in was unique and quite good. But first I enjoyed squid in a nice red sauce with a dry white wine. I would have preferred to pass on additional polenta with the next course. Next time I know to request 2nd polenta be left off and to not be shy about waving away pane (bread).

Over all, unique for the squid ink dishes and nice location if you are staying in Venice away from the tourist crowd and want a leisurely walk back to your accommodations. The owner's wife was social and shared about the history of the place.

Check your teeth before leaving after eating the cuttlefish with squid ink ~ might make an unfortunate smile

2 Thank Freyja3gems

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Colorado
“Gluten Free options in Venice”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We found this place after a recommendation on one of the gluten-free sites. I ordered GF pasta with mussels, Hubby had the pasta with shrimp and daughter had spaghetti with meat sauce. The server was absolutely charming, chatting with me with patient Italian and even giving me a free GF dessert for my effort to converse with him. The ambiance seems authentically local, they served us fairly early (6:30?) and the total cost for three meals, three salads, wine and bread was approximately 100 euros. Expensive by most standards but I was happy to have the gluten free pasta.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Leanne P
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Kept coming back!”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We discovered this cosy restaurant on the first day of our trip, and im so glad we did! the food and wine was so delicious and the prices so fair compared to all the other restaurants and bars we visited that we kept coming back! Thank you Ostaria Antico Dolo for providing us with an authentic Italian experience without the horrendous price tag!

• Visited October 2013
Genoa, Italy
“Reasonable restaurant in Venice”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

A traditional restaurant. We got a couple of generous starters (assorted cicchetti and assorted seafood), which were sufficient for dinner.
Two glasses of pinot and two servings of cookies with fragolino (a sweet wine) completed our meal.
Price around 70 euro.
The quality of the food/wine was not bad at all, but not excellent either.
The restaurant was quiet, the owner friendly.

Sheffield
“Delicious food, comfortably quiet”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

One woman only front of house in this small restaurant. I ate sardine 'in saor' with polenta, which will stay with me as a truly memorable dish. Dad's 'seasonal' linguine with tuna and asparagus was wonderful and my sister raved about her cuttlefish in ink. As usual in Venice, don't expect a small bill.