“Microwavefood tastes better”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Dorsoduro / Accademia
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Good beer-bad food. Ordered a spaghetti carbonara and the cheese tasted like tubecheese or drycheese. Awefull! The water was Nice tho.

1  Thank Youngtraveler90

Reviewed 12 July 2014

On Our last night in Venice we were advised to eat at pier dickens and boy was it a mistake. The owner couldn't have been more rude - forcefully demanded we pay in the manner in which he wanted and when we questioned why/ how to change he threatened to call the police. Worst service I've ever experienced in my life I would never recommend this restaurant to anyone. Stay away from balding man at the door with tight pants. He is the worst!!!

2  Thank sametmallory
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Tonight we had a disastrous meal, everything was reheated. The lasagne was horrible, and the sea bass over cooked so could hardly be eaten. My girlfriend had the veal escalope for main, which was the fattiest chewiest meat I have ever tasted, I would've complained but the waiter seemed more interested in the football than us. And then the price for this 'luxury' was 80 euros, wow was astounded when the bill came out. The only positive I can give is that the prawn starter eaten by my girlfriend was okay, and the house wine was served in litre bottles (always a bonus). Unfortunately would never visit again and would advise others to stay well clear.

1  Thank Harry J
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Friendly restaurant on one of the most fun Campos in Venice. The menu is a fairly typical traditional Italian / international one with a good selection of pastas, pizza and a few other dishes.
Service was quick without rushing and very friendly and polite. This is not gourmet cuisine,but definitely a good standard and well worth a visit.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I've eaten in Pier Dickens twice: once just before Christmas, huddled indoors for warmth, and once in spring, outside in the sunny Campo Santa Margherita. Both times the staff were friendly and welcoming. The food is delicious: fresh pizzas and generous salads. It's location is superb - the Dorsoduro quarter has it all: lively piazzas, a buzzy waterfront, lots of small, unique shops and of course the Accademia and Guggenheim museums. My favourite area of Venice to explore.

1  Thank hittheroadjac