“Fantastic!”

Ranked #108 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Sacramento, California
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I was surprised to read a negative review about the Residence Palazzo Odoni, where I had just enjoyed a fabulous visit with family members. The reviewer complained about a noisy group of revelers next door.Then I was shocked when, speaking with my sister, I realized that it had been my family that the reviewer had objected to. We had traveled from Italy and the USA after many years apart, and were overjoyed to have a reunion at the lovely Palace. The reviewer made it sound like there was a college kegger going on next door, not a group of courteous visitors happily greeting one another and merely enjoying lively conversation and a bite to eat.
Our kudos go to the extremely congenial hotel owner, Michele Giangreco, who went out of his way to assist us and make our stay delightfully memorable from start to finish. The hotel was the perfect venue for our event: we had 3 fantastic apartments, and one had a generous dining/living area with a handsome trestle table and sideboard that accommodated our buffet and guests. The location was simply spectacular - a short walking distance from all the sites. And our group couldn't have been happier. I give the Odoni Palace five stars and say ... "we'll be back!"

Room Tip: All the rooms were beautifully decorated and looked quite comfortable.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lynne_Campanale

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Jose, California
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We stayed here on a family vacation and it was just terrific! Everything from the the location, canal views, apartment size/amenities, and especially the friendly, very helpful staff was fantastic. Excellent restaurants/cafes and Venice sites were within short walking distances and the apartment was a great place to relax between outings.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Dino_Bourdens
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Good location, great sized apartment, wonderful decor, kind staff.
The first day the manager said we might need gumboots. We laughed and thought that was weird. Turns out we needed them. The lovely kind maid gave us gumboots to use for the whole time. And when we were drying our clothes from doing a bit of washing she hung them all up and put them on the towel warmer. Also the second night I needed another pillow but the manager was not there to ask so I used a lounge pillow. The next day the maid had given us 2 pillows each. Very observing and thoughtful! Lovely looking place! Would stay here again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nikkibug1
Uk
Reviewed 21 November 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2nights, in the beautiful one bedroom apartment. Excellent location, which you could walk to from either the train or bus station.

Overlooking the canal it has great views, but is really peaceful once inside. Furnished nicely with big chandelier and lovely antique furniture.Fab jacoozi bath, and a little kitchenette if you need it.

Michael was really helpful in letting us store our bags and late checkout as the apartment wasn't booked out to someone else-really lovely touch.

Much enjoyed stay!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Aronaldson
Udine, Italy
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Ironically, as I begin my first-time contribution to Trip Advisor with a review of "Residence Palazzo Odoni," I find myself involved in the review that preceded me. I was one of the 5-party group that had also booked a canal view apartment (together with two other apartments to host relatives coming from different parts of Italy as well as from California for a family reunion), but gave it up when manager Michele Giangreco apologetically re-arranged reservations after what appears to have been a very uncharacteristic mix-up. The rooms we relinquished were, however, adjacent to the lovely salon of the apartment where we eventually held our reunion dinner, which was attended by three generations aged from 1 to 73 years of age and consisted in a couple of hours of dining and conversation in the beautiful ambiance of the historic palazzo. There was no music, no dancing or other entertainment, hardly the "rowdy" (=coarse, boisterous, rough, disorderly) atmosphere referred to. The environment at the "Odoni" , from everything we saw, is attentive and discrete, with immediate intervention of the management to any request; on this occasion, a word to the night porter or, more simply, a knock on the door, would have sufficed... But on to more essential matters: the Giangrecos bent over backwards both in helping us arrange our get-together and solving several practical problems: a crib for the baby, transportation for several people with mobility problems, together with a wealth of suggestions to help us enjoy our stay in Venice, including recommendations for meals and shopping, etc. The accommodation left nothing to be desired, everything we had hoped for and more; a 15th-century Gothic building obviously has its quirks, but that is part of the fun. It was, however, the quality of the attention we received from this Venetian couple that made us glad we had decided for the residence option rather than the anonymity of a hotel.

Room Tip: Specify your needs and let the Giangrecos advise you.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nancy G
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I am confused by the negative reviews - maybe my husband and I are too dumb to be so picky! I chose the hotel by its location because I knew it wouldn't be easy carrying our luggage from our cruise ship into Venice. When I emailed from the ship to ask exactly how to get to the place, I received a prompt and detailed response. When we arrived I was enchanted by the little courtyard and appreciative that the manager ran down to help us with our luggage. I thought the decor was lovely, the room (I hadn't thought about a view so I was fine looking out over a school playground) was beautifully decorated, very comfortable and convenient, and spotlessly clean, with a modern bathroom. The breakfast was delicious and beautifully laid out. It was charming to be in a place that its owners were obviously devoted to and had decorated with love and care. The various desk people we dealt with were polite and helpful, and we couldn't have asked for more.

Room Tip: Apparently there are apartments with kitchens and therefore no breakfast privileges, and rooms with...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Just got back from 4 days staying in one of the appartments. Michele the owner was very accommodating and upgraded us to a stay in one of the largest suites (tinziano)with a canal view which was wonderful. The suites are breathtaking all decorated in Venetian grand decor complete with a chandelier, dining room, living room, kitchen and a jacuzzi bath which was a nice touch. We didn't see a nicer hotel when exploring and think this was the prettiest with its own courtyard and on the canal. The location was brilliant we weren't sure if we were going to be abit far out but this was not the case we were 5 minutes walking from the bus station 10 minutes from the Rialto bridge and 15minutes from st marco square. It was so easy to get anywhere through the quaint alleyways and bridges, near to lovely restaurants and shops I wouldn't of wanted to stay anywhere else highly recommend !!

• Stayed November 2013