“Good Food and Reasonable Prices”

Planet Restaurant Pizzeria and Pub
Ranked #517 of 1,476 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Castello
Reviewed 28 August 2013

The Planet Restaurant was a recommendation from the Hotel Ai do Mori and proved to be a good one. The specials (spaghetti, lasagna, pizza) are 8 euro and with a card from the hotel, a glass of wine is provided. Having been on a plane for over 15 hours, we were looking for a light dinner before turning in for the evening (although the portions were large)and this was perfect. It may be difficult to find in that the restaurant is off a narrow alley less than ten minutes walk, north, then northeast of San Marco. We ate in the dining room off of the entrance, but there also seems to be a sports bar in a separate room.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Quite a decent place, not very far from Piazza San Marco and Ponte Rialto, in one of the small streets, kind of hidden but worth searching for. The service was good, we were served quickly, the pizzas were excellent, it is a regular choice of Italian food in a menu, I had a classic Capricciosa and it was very nice, rich topping, very good pizza. Very decent prices, if I go to Venice again, I will certainly return to that pizzeria. It is a normal place, nothing fancy, locals and tourists come to eat there.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

Horrible food, way too expensive, but the worse part is I GOT FACTURED 3 TIMES on my credit card for it. The guy refused to give (even to show) me the receipt of the "cancelled" transactions. It's really worth walking a few blocks out of San Marco sestiere to find a better restaurant (with better service)

1  Thank Caroline L
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We stumbled across this bar/restaurant after a long day walking around Venice. It is hidden away from the main throughfares but this is not unusual for almost every restaurant in Venice but it is most definitely worth searching out. Both myself and my wife choose pizzas from the menu but asked to alter the toppings slightly to which the waiter was happy to oblige. I had a spinach with buffalo mozarello cheese, shaved parmesan topped with a thick layer of freshly sliced parma ham whilst my wife had a "galoso" which had at least six varieties of meat. We received a free spritz each and ordered two large beers which in total came to roughly £40. I have to say this was the nicest pizza I have ever ate in my life and was a far cry form the usual order on a Friday/Saturday night at home. The food was so nice we actually ate three times here during our stay in Venice and would not hesitate in dining here again if we visited Venice again.

Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

One of the worst and expensive (way over-priced) meal we have eaten. The food was horrible, the restroom was full of mosquitoes, the place didnt smell good. That was a total waste of $100 (usd) we have ever spent for our family of 4.