“Believe it or not, our best pizza in Italy”
Review of Bar Zaccaria

Bar Zaccaria
Ranked #1,165 of 1,460 Restaurants in Venice
Price range: US$7 - US$24
Cuisines: Italian
Neighbourhood: Castello
Neighbourhood: Castello
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We came in here to get out of the rain and ordered pizza. Very surprised to see that they didn't mix the toppings, but each was in its own section. That was great because we each got the part we liked. It was well seasoned, unlike a lot of other pizzas we had. The bill for four for lunch was 22 euros.

There are newer reviews for Bar Zaccaria

Reviewed 17 September 2013

the restaurant we wanted to go to for dinner is closed on Mondays and didn't know that. We were walking back to the hotel and saw this restaurant. Very reluctant to try because it was empty, but we are very happy we tried it! The service was great. The food was excellent! my other half doesn't like mushrooms and he loved my mushroom pizza! Very tasty food and very inexpensive (even with 2 colas)!

Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

We catch this place in accidentally when on direction to San Marco. The food is ok, but the price is very friendly compare to other commercial resto near it. The most turn off is the waiters, not that they are not friendly, in fact they are quite friendly. But I'm surprised they aren't Italian, they're all Asian. Which is best for me as an Asian too, feels like home.

Reviewed 17 May 2013

This restaurant is situated near San Marco. They have tripadvisor stickers on their window, and I don't know why! The price is more or less the same to other restaurant nearby, given it's Venice-nothing's cheap. Nobody's there to welcome you, but this is common in Italy. We ordered cozze (mussels) for appetizers and after 15minutes waiting someone came and told us it's not available. I don't know why they took so long to realise something's not available in the first place so we skipped appetizer and picked our pasta.

I had squid ink pasta and my friend ordered aglio olio. The portion is small, you will have to eat somewhere else afterwards. And I don't even have a big tummy to begin with. But the worst thing is there's chipped glass in my pasta that ripped my gums. I show it to the staff and she said she'll have to call the manager. when I told the manager about it, she took my plate and said "i'll ask the kitchen about it". She returned and said sorry about it, but didn't say anything about changing my pasta or anything but offered coffee on the house instead, to which I declined. So I just wait for my friend to finish his pasta, and then he found hair in his meal. And the waiter gave us this look, like we were planning this or something!

So we ask for the bills and leave. I'm suprised they charge us for service too! Given there's no service, but pure crap!

Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

Ordered seafood pasta for $13. The pic from the menu looks great, with big shrimps. The actual food was terrible, came with small shrimps and not fresh. Is a rip off, dont go there. The pasta was not enough, i was still hungry after meal, Beware of the sign they put on window, says tripadvisor recommended. Fraud!