“Excellent!”

Ranked #43 of 386 Hotels in Venice
Shanghai
“Excellent!”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I booked this hotel based on the reviews I read on TripAdvisor and I have to say that this was an excellent choice.
We have been for only two nights but enjoyed our stay very much.
The hotel is located very close to the main Piazza San Marco and the Ponte del Rialto. There is a little canal below it which seems to be on the standard Gondola tours. We arrived there by taxi (of course in this case was a very nice boat - Euro 80 from the train station).
Our rate was not cheap (Euro 320/night) but Venice is not a cheap destination. The rate included breakfast and internet.
The staff immediately welcomed us and took care of our luggage. We were assigned a wonderful room with view on the canal: so romantic.
The room was quite spacious with a large bed and two windows. The bathroom was also wide and large. One puzzling thing was the hot and cold water faucets open one clockwise and the other counterclockwise. I am used to open counterclockwise. It took me a while to get used to this and have the shower with the right water temperature. I think this was the only strange thing during the stay.
The bed was comfortable and extra-large and nicely prepared.
Internet is fast (username and password needed to be inputted on my pc every time I logged on while my iPad was able to reconnect automatically).
The breakfast was of good quality but maybe there should have been a wider variety for those who are not keen with the Italian choice for breakfast (luckily, I am Italian).
The whole ambiance of the hotel is relaxing, stylish, antique but functional. Really enjoyable.
The street below is a main way from Piazza San Marco and Ponte del Rialto and tourists go by all day; some are noisy. But during the evening and the night it gets very silent except the occasional boat going by which reminds you are in Venice.
When we left, the staff took care of loading the many luggage on the taxi to the airport (Euro 110 but a slow ride through the Canal Grand and then a fast ride in the Laguna). Wonderful way to go to the airport!!!
I warmly recommend this hotel for its value for the price is really good. I hope to go back again.

Room Tip: We had room 404. The porter told us it was the one with the best view. I agree.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Guggo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Malmoe
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel in the center of Venice , big clean rooms ,
The staff take very good care of you and the breakfast is super
I highly recomend this hotel if you are going to Venice ..............................

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank capricorn80Malmoe
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Extremely friendly staff and suite fluent in English, very nice boutique hotel, well decorated room, perfectly located and excellent breakfast menu; if we would come back to Venice, it would certainly be this Hotel !!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PR_S18
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My Husband & I stayed at the Aqua Palace for 2 nights. The location is excellent a short walk & your in St Marks Square. We had a private water taxi to the hotel ( arriving like James Bond :) ) we hopped straight off the boat & into the reception of our hotel, what a welcome. It is a beautiful boutique style hotel, the receptionist was a lovely man who gave us a map, wifi code & handed us over to a lovely young man who gave us an option if two rooms to choose from, he escorted us to both & let us have a good look around, both rooms were amazing. We choose the room without canal view as the ceilings were high & the bathroom seemed that little more spacious, may I say that both rooms were very big. The decoration & attention to detail in the rooms are beautiful, very stylish. We stayed in room 106. I had contacted the hotel prior to check-in in order to secure a reservation at a restaurant ' Ai Mercanti' ( it's a very nice restaurant) they had booked us in on the correct date as asked. Another restaurant not far from the hotel which is very good was ' il Ridotto' 1 Michelin star they did a delicious 2 course set lunch menu inc a bottle if water for €29 pp. Breakfast at Aqua Palace was lovely, lots of choice and the breakfast room yet again beautifully designed, they even had a delicious almond cake, & a lovely looking chocolate cake which unfortunately I couldn't try as I had given up choc for lent. Probably a good thing as I would never normally dream of eating cake for breakfast never mind choc cake, but while on holiday hey :) & everyone seemed to be thoroughly enjoying it. When I return to Venice I will certainly stay at this hotel, I wouldn't consider looking at any other, we loved our visit & our hotel even more. We look forward to returning one day. Thank you for a lovely stay.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Bear12345678910
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Rooms of the aqua palace were the best part of the stay. Though situated between Rialto and the St Marks Palace the route is quite dingy to get there. The rooms sizes are good though the wallpapers give you a very boutique effect...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank harshalparakh
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

we stayed 4 nights in this hotel in the junior suite. beautiful room! everything is there. the rooms are clean and nice decoration.... the breakfast was very good and variated. it's a very good location! we highly recommend this hotel! the place to stay when you visit venice!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jess T
Melbourne
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

My wife and i stayed 4 days and just loved this place. Great
location right in the middle of the old Venice. Breakfast was huge and you need to be careful you dont over eat. Not far to get to Alfredo take away paste either.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple