“Disappointed experience”

Description: Telephone: 041 5223283
Hong Kong, China
“Disappointed experience”
Reviewed 7 October 2012

This was my first gelato tasting in Venice which was rated good in tripadvisor.
Nothing special in variety. I believe the server can be nicer if customer can speak Italian, but unfortunately I'm not. I picked 2 scoops in a cone - yogurt & tiramisu which costs Euro 2.5 . By the time she passed the cone to me it was melting so I have to finish within 10 min.
I expected to have gelato freshly made daily but it tasted artificial so I don't think the ingredients are fresh.

• Visited September 2012

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Istanbul, Turkey
“THE BEST ICECREAM”
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Ofcourse i am not a gourmet and it is impposible for me to stop and taste every gelateria in Venice. But i have a taste of quality, and for me this place is one of the bests in Italy. I can not forget the taste of the combo i had; vanilla, melon and lemon. They were all super tasty. And it was indeed too chear; 3 scoops 2,5 €. Here the icecream is a bit creamy than normal, so it is better to sit down somewhere and enjoy it until the first drop. However unlike the icecream quality, the person behind the counter was very cold and unfriendly.

• Visited September 2012
Sendai, Japan
“The best gelato in Venice.”
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I loved the Straciatella and Chocolate combo. And cheap, too! My wife liked the lemonade slushies. We made almost daily visits to La Boutique.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank sendaialt
Hong Kong, China
“Very Average”
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Went to Boutique del Gelato today in Venice. Have to say that its not very good. I have had a lot of gelato traveling in Italy and this place is average or even below average. Grom is a lot better.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Michael C
Oxford, United Kingdom
“delicious!”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I have eaten the most delicious gelato in this store in Italy. You can not find this taste in Rome or Florence. Shouldnt miss that!

• Visited August 2011