“Still dreaming about this gelato...”

La Boutique del Gelato
Ranked #36 of 83 Dessert in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Takeout
Neighbourhood: Castello
Description: Telephone: 041 5223283
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Still dreaming about this gelato...”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Our group of adults decided to try this gelato place out. We were not disappointed. Everyone loved their flavors: stracciatella, cherry, chocolate, everything was amazing. It was easy to find and was very affordable.

Just a precaution: the mousse is very heavy and is more like cream. Definitely not a gelato. And if you're in the mood for ice cream, you will be disappointed.

Visited May 2014

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Porto Alegre, RS
“Better than Rome!!!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I was a little bit worried when entered the site because there were like only 8-10 flavours of gelato available but then my husband said something that I cannot forget: "there's a difference between variety and quality.".
And so we have asked for a flavour that had some cherries on it. The "one scoop" serving is bigger than a 2 scoop in other places. The price was fairly expensive (2 EUR each cone) if compared to other places but I would have paid 3 if I knew how tasteful and delicious it was!!
Better than any other one I had, even better than the ones I had in Rome (and I went to the "top 3" recommended here on tripadvisor).
Go there, you won't regret!

• Visited June 2014
Dallas, Texas
“We returned!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We were here 3 years ago and the gelato is still the best in all of Venice. We've had at least 1 every night of this week, 1 scoop costs €2, 2 for €3 and 3 for €4. Yes it's a bit more than the other places but the scoops are huge, it's almost like they add an additional scoop. This is a family owned business and the gelato is made on site. Their dog Luna sometimes lays around and she's super cute. The device is great and the family is very polite!

• Visited June 2014
Morganville, NJ
“We read it was good and it was”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

During our last day of our very good Gate 1 tour of Croatia and Slovenia with 2 days in Venice, we were wandering the back streets, almost lost, and decided to try, what we read is the best gelato in Venice. Believe it or not, we turned on the previously downloaded Tripadvisor City Guides offline app for Venice on my iPad and it said we were 136 feet away and pointed in the direction. If it wasn't for the app we'd have walked by La Boutique del Gelato because there was no line and it's a little hole-in-the-wall. The lady behind the small counter was pleasant and we got a healthy 1-scoop cone and a generous 2-scoop dish both for 3 euro. If you've experienced the pricing in Venice you'll understand that this might be the only bargain in this town. And, I'm not a gelato expert; I leave that to my wife who said it was really good.

• Visited May 2014
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“GELATO is a must do in Italy, but better selection of flavors is found in Rome”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Most of the gelato places in Venice are literally just holes in the wall......you walk up to a open window dining place along the street that is like walking up to the counter in a fast food restaurant. It has maybe 10 flavors available. In Rome the Gelateria's have places inside you can sit and enjoy, and a selection of 60plus flavors in most places. If you have to choose between the two you'll prefer Rome, trust me. But if you just want a plain flavor ice cream Venice is ok, just not as delectable as the Gelato found in Rome.

Visited November 2013