“Amazing Food!!!”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Polo
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

My friend and I went here for dinner after a long day of walking around Venice.
I had the Seafood Spaghetti and it was the best seafood spaghetti I've ever had and would highly recommend it!
The prices are very reasonable for food however seemed quite high for drinks (we were able to find house wine on the back page of the menu which was cheaper).
They give you bread when you sit down (which is not free- €1 each) which is something to watch out for if you don't want the bread.
The service was great and I wish I could go back again and again!

1  Thank Carol D

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

My partner and I ate here on a bit of a splurge on our first day in Venice. I had the mixed seafood starter plate (to myself) and a mixed salad and my partner had the penne arabiata and the polenta and mushrooms on the side. The meal took quite a long time to come which we didn't mind because we were enjoying just sitting and the restaurant was quite busy. When the food came it was obvious it was all freshly made and so the wait seemed totally justified. Our waitress was lovely throughout the meal and while it was pretty expensive it was worth it for genuinely good and fresh food!

1  Thank danigross88
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I saw a tripadvisor recommended sign on the restaurant window and decided to try this. The food is great taste, but the Carbonara dish was very salty. Well the deal breaker is the staff's attitude and service. We asked for a jug of water, after ordering some wine, the waitress said it's sparkling or still pointing to a menu with 2 euro. Most other restaurants we go to in Venice just place a jug of water for free. (for example the famous Gam Gam restaurant in Cannaregio). So I said no it's ok. She then showed a look on her face to us!! Thereafter it was downhill - another male staff kept walking back and forth around our table, we have 4 people, and as soon as one of us finished eating he took the plate away. Isn't it common table practice to only collect the plates when all are done?

The last straw was when we are all finished with the food, and plates cleared, he placed a coke bottle cap on the table, and he said "take it as a souvenir". It was the worst experience so far we had in restaurants. There are many great food in Venice and it is not worth patronising one with the worst service. I wonder if it is racism or what.

4  Thank Ling A
Reviewed 6 June 2014

What a great find, this place is so friendly and the food is positively great, we enjoyed it so much we went back the following evening and were greeted with big smiles and a glass of complimentary wine. The service is really very good and informative about the food, its all extremely fresh and oh so tasty. We had the house wine (white & red) both good and reasonable prices. Very highly recommended.

1  Thank Winks6
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I and my wife ran into this restaurant by accident. And we simply loved it. We came back next day and enjoyed it as much. Everything was delicious. It's next to the fish market and the owner and chef use the freshest possible ingredients. And they really know how to cook. Highly recommend.

2  Thank Michael S